Cognitive Skill Management for Pre-School Children
What you'll learn
- Understand the various methods and models of cognitive skill development among preschool children
- Understand the mechanism of cognitive skill development through various games and activity
- Understand new concepts like RICE method, 5*N Minutes method and other techniques for cognitive skill development
- Assessment and tracking of cognitive skill development among pre-school children
- at least 12 years of formal education with basic knowledge in English
Cognitive skill is one of the most important skill that defines child's proficiency in reasoning, logical thinking and problem solving. Keeping the Montessori and Froebel methods in mind, very systematic, methodical and structured activities are needed to develop these skills in kindergarten children. Adiuvaret kids, through its in-depth research has designed 7 specific games, activities and methods that will help the cognitive skill development in a very systematic way. We hope you will enjoy this Program.
The 7 program included in the current course are as follows:
1. Managing the Cognitive skill (Logical Sequence) through toy telephone: Learning numbers is critical because of the logical sequencing skill and mathematical skill. Identifying numbers and putting them in logical sequence is the basic skill child must learn. The activities put together under this game would help children in different age to deal with a different level of complexity to manage the logical sequencing and remembering.
2. Managing Cognitive Skill (Remembering and reproducing) through following up instructions: Remembering and following instructions defines the growth of cognitive skills. This is the 2nd session which deals with multiple steps of instruction at different age group.
3. Managing Cognitive skill (Remembering critical information ) through Building Blocks Game: Remembering and managing objects according to the instructions improves attention span and also the problem solving skill. This session would give the pre-school stakeholders a better understanding in managing the building blocks activity with a structured approach of skill building.
4. Managing Cognitive skill (Problem Solving) through structured puzzle game: Problem solving is a by product of a structured skill development process. This process has to be nurtured in the pre-school years of the child. Although different puzzle games are available in the market, a structured thinking process must be put in in order to develop the structured problem solving skill step by step. This session would help the participants to understand this and structure the game accordingly.
5. Managing Cognitive skill (Logical sequence and Problem solving) through structured Sorting game: Managing sorting of various objects in different order improves the problem solving capabilities among kids. This session take care of such technique for the kids.
6. Managing Cognitive skill (numbers and math) through RICE: RICE is an abbreviation for Recitation, Identification, Count and Write, Exploration. Managing these 4 components will ensure the step wise mechanism to build the cognitive skill among kids of different age
7. Managing Cognitive skill (Problem Solving) through Attention span: Having a strong attention span and improving it gradually among kids is the easy way to inculcate the problem solving skills among children. This session through an each technique called 5*N mins of attention span will empower you to manage the attention span needs of each child at different age.
Who this course is for:
- Teachers and Parents engaged in the skill building among the preschool children
Dr Biranchi Jena is a PhD in Population Sciences and having more than 24 years experience in consulting, skill building and guiding pre schools in India. Dr Biranchi Jena is the co-founder of Adiuvaret Kids, a research and publication house for early child hood education and skill building. Dr Jena has guided more than 100 schools in establishing a structured pedagogy for early child development.