Cofounding The Right Way
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 20 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn how to find the perfect cofounding team that meets your qualifiers
- Learn how to analyze and pick cofounders that fill your company gaps
- Use a proven strategy to document the essential requirements to avoid cofounder confrontation
- Use a systematic approach to dividing up company equity
- Use custom built calculators to arrive at fair equity splits
- Learn how to use milestones and vesting to protect yourself from a "bad cofounder" relationship
- Understand the three different frameworks for splitting equity
- Learn about and access a "Cofounders' Collaboration Agreement" to protect your interest in the company
- Use resources to help you negotiate and fix future cofounder problems
- Be willing to protect yourself from a poor cofounder relationship
- You have an open mind and the willingness to build a REAL cofounder relationship
- Be willing to avoid cofounder conflict at all costs!
You've figured out the most brilliant idea!
So you grab your best friend and your brother to start the company together.
In your excitement to get started, you and your two cofounders fail to do your due diligence by learning more about each others expertise, motivations, and resources-- and to make matters worse, you scurry along and divide your equity into even thirds. After all, this is the most obvious thing to do because you all love each other and you want to make sure everyone is treated fairly...
Two months later, the company is booming, but there's one small problem... you realize your best friend has barely touched the project since you started. To make matters worse, when you bring up the issue, your best friend informs you that he will be leaving the company and deserves to keep his 1/3 share in the venture.
Now you and your brother are essentially doing all the work, while your best friend gets paid an equal share of the profits. Still excited about jumping into a partnership without learning the basics of forming a strong cofounder relationship? Maybe you are still excited to jump in without learning more... but I can guarantee you that some day you won't be happy about it.
"BUT THIS WON'T HAPPEN TO ME."
I hear the above statement all the time, and yet... two-thirds of startups end up failing because of disagreements between founders. Because founding isn't as simple as drawing up an agreement and shaking hands over it. In fact, there are eight steps required to build a cofounding team that will win the entrepreneurial game.
1. Identifying what you need in a cofounder.
2. Preselecting your cofounder through a series of interviews.
3. Assigning the proper roles and responsibilities to your cofounder.
4. Taking regular, weekly/monthly "Cofounder Dates."
5. Splitting equity the RIGHT way.
6. Creating an air-tight Founders' Collaboration Agreement for protection.
7. Negotiating and learning from cofounder conflict.
8. Fixing cofounder mistakes to avoid startup fatality.
This course will teach you EVERYTHING you need to know prior to jumping into the world of entrepreneurship with a cofounder! Don't go into a founder relationship blind... use the experiences of people who have done it countless times and follow a proven roadmap to improve your chances of cofounder success.
Also, I'm so confident that the Educating Entrepreneurs courses will work for YOU and help YOU grow as an entrepreneur, I'll offer a money back guarantee.
30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
If this course doesn't help you improve your chances of succeeding as an entrepreneur, then I will give you a full refund.
Now, if you're ready to start changing the world by building the company of your dreams with a cofounder by your side, I'll see you in the first lesson!
- new business owners
- startup founders
- business partners