Cofounding The Right Way
What you'll learn
- Learn how to find the perfect cofounding team that meets your qualifiers
- Learn how to analyze and pick cofounders that fill your company gaps
- Use a proven strategy to document the essential requirements to avoid cofounder confrontation
- Use a systematic approach to dividing up company equity
- Use custom built calculators to arrive at fair equity splits
- Learn how to use milestones and vesting to protect yourself from a "bad cofounder" relationship
- Understand the three different frameworks for splitting equity
- Learn about and access a "Cofounders' Collaboration Agreement" to protect your interest in the company
- Use resources to help you negotiate and fix future cofounder problems
- Be willing to protect yourself from a poor cofounder relationship
- You have an open mind and the willingness to build a REAL cofounder relationship
- Be willing to avoid cofounder conflict at all costs!
Congratulations! You've figured out the most brilliant idea!
So you grab your best friend and your brother to start the company together.
In your excitement to get started, you and your two cofounders fail to do your due diligence by learning more about each others expertise, motivations, and resources-- and to make matters worse, you scurry along and divide your equity into even thirds. After all, this is the most obvious thing to do because you all love each other and you want to make sure everyone is treated fairly...
Two months later, the company is booming, but there's one small problem... you realize your best friend has barely touched the project since you started. To make matters worse, when you bring up the issue, your best friend informs you that he will be leaving the company and deserves to keep his 1/3 share in the venture.
Now you and your brother are essentially doing all the work, while your best friend gets paid an equal share of the profits. Still excited about jumping into a partnership without learning the basics of forming a strong cofounder relationship? Maybe you are still excited to jump in without learning more... but I can guarantee you that some day you won't be happy about it.
"BUT THIS WON'T HAPPEN TO ME."
I hear the above statement all the time, and yet... two-thirds of startups end up failing because of disagreements between founders. Because founding isn't as simple as drawing up an agreement and shaking hands over it. In fact, there are 7 steps required to build a cofounding team that will perform and last.
1. Answering if having a partner is the right choice for you
2. Finding out what you need to be looking for in a cofounder
3. Learning how to preselect your cofounders
4. Dating your cofounders
5. Getting serious - roles and responsibilities
6. Splitting equity the RIGHT way
7. Documenting it in a Cofounder Agreement
For the future and those of you who are already ahead in the journey:
A. Negotiating and learning from cofounder conflict
B. Fixing cofounder mistakes
This course will teach you EVERYTHING you need to know prior to jumping into the world of entrepreneurship with a cofounder! Don't go into a founder relationship blind... use the experiences of people who have done it countless times and follow a proven roadmap to improve your chances of cofounder success.
Also, we are so confident about the Cofounding course value for YOU that we offer a money back guarantee.
30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
If this course doesn't help you improve your chances of succeeding as an entrepreneur, then I will give you a full refund.
Now, if you're ready to start changing the world by building the company of your dreams with a cofounder by your side, we will see you in the first lesson!
Who this course is for:
- new business owners
- startup founders
- business partners
It all started when I simply realised that there must be a better way to do business partnerships.
With one successful and one failed startup (cofounding related experience) behind me, I have spent past 10 years learning what’s required to build better cofounding teams.
The founding team is make or brake of your business. There literally is no more important decision founder makes. At the same time, there used to be very little support for founders on how to make the right decisions. I decided to fill the gap and help cofounders all over the world to build successful and lasting founding teams.
Combining my legal and business background with the entrepreneurial experience, I write and speak extensively on the subject and work as a cofounding expert for a number of startup accelerators, universities and VC's.
To help as many founders as possible, next to the Cofounding The Right Way course, I summarised the 7 steps to successful and sustainable cofounding in Cofounding The Right Way book.