What you'll learn
- Skills and techniques used by professional programmers.
- How to build games and programs you can show off to your friends.
- How to use loops, if statements, variables, lists, events and more!
- Programming knowledge that can be brought into any professional language you like.
- Comfort using your web browser
- A two-button mouse, or the ability to right-click
- Some understanding of basic algebra, geometry, or logic (helpful, but not required, you'll learn what you need to know in this course)
Coding Foundations will teach you to think the same way that professional programmers do!
Build your own computer games and programs from the ground up using problem-solving skills and foundational programming techniques. This course gives you the tools you need to easily approach more advanced, professional programming languages—like C++, Python, C#, or Java—without feeling lost or unsure of where to start.
Use the Scratch programming language from MIT to learn how to use professional programming tools like iteration, conditionals, variables, arrays, events, and functions. Plan out your projects and tackle new, big problems using the same methods as professional programmers.
- Techniques and strategies from professionals, accessible to beginners.
- Over 30 projects to practice on.
- Quizzes and slides to learn at your own pace and style.
- One year of direct support from the Instructor.
Coding Foundations was designed with middle and high school students in mind but is for anyone who wants to learn to program using a powerful but easy-to-understand programming environment.
Who this course is for:
- High school students
- Middle school students
- Programming beginners who want to learn to program using a powerful but easy-to-understand programming language
In his software developer life, he has had the privilege to work on mobile games for Disney, financial software for a local brokerage, activity registration software for K-12 schools, software for testing medical devices, and mobile and web-based educational games.
Alex loves programming—it’s just like magic!—and he hopes to have the opportunity to instill and develop the same love and excitement and wonder of programming in every student who wants to explore it.