What you'll learn
- Learn how to use the programming library p5js.
- Understand the fundamentals of programming.
- Learn about common programming structures.
- No prior coding experience is required! You just need a computer with internet access.
This means that I will provide you with enough context so that you can build a strong foundation for programming. But I also won’t hinder your momentum with irrelevant technical or theoretical points. The aim is to build a strong but a minimum viable knowledge to get you running with coding. This is the course that I wished I had available when I was learning coding myself.
You will be building several useful and fun programs that does animation and visualizations and as a final project, you will be building an interactive game that can be deployed online!
If you are looking to learn coding in a fun and an engaging manner, then this is the course for you!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to code. This course is not for experienced programmers.
- People who prefer fun and engaging examples when learning a new skillset.
- Designers, artists and visual learners who want to learn how to code.
Engin Arslan is a software developer with a Bachelor of Science in materials engineering and a postgraduate degree in visual effects. Before becoming a software developer, he worked as a visual effects artist / technical director on films and TV shows including Resident Evil, Tron, Mama, Vikings, and Strain. He received an Emmy and a Canadian Screen Awards nomination for his visual effects work. During his time in VFX, he fell in love with Python and with programming in general. As a result, he changed careers to be able to immerse himself completely in software development.