Coding for Teachers Professional Development | Scratch 3.0
What you'll learn
- Answer to what is coding.
- Answer to why every child should learn to code.
- Locate and interpret Australian Curriculum content descriptions.
- Familiarity with visual programming Scratch platform.
- Build a Scratch project with accompanying resources.
- You should be comfortable using the Internet.
- Some familiarity with Google docs is a bonus but not necessary.
Working with technology can be frustrating at the best of times. No sooner have you learnt something, does it become almost instantly outdated. The experience feels futile and integrating digital technology into your classroom can take a backseat.
And that's just the tech.
Mix in this ‘coding’ business that's all the buzz with words like 'automation’ and ‘digital literacies,’ and the mind can be left swirling with where to begin.
Coding for Teachers is the perfect way to kickstart your learning journey with coding. Be the person who answers the key coding questions and feel confident knowing that you've covered curriculum content.
You will build your first coding project and be able to use it with your group of learners in just a couple of hours.
Let's debunk the myths of coding together.
Who this course is for:
- Teachers who are curious about coding.
- Teachers who need to learn to code fast.
Hey I'm your instructor, Brent.
I’m a programmer turned digital technology consultant who has been the lead technology teacher at a school for the past few years.
I've been busy connecting the coding part of the curriculum to the classroom through offering online video tutorials, creating classroom resources and assessment rubrics.
I love helping to edge people closer to their dreams and goals.