Coding For Beginners 2 - Get Started With Web Development!
What you'll learn
- Learn how the 3 languages of the web work together to build interactive web pages, websites & web applications
- Discover that the internet and the World Wide Web are not the same thing (if you thought they were!)
- Learn from the ground up how to build websites on your local computer using free tools
- Get gently introduced to Microsoft Visual Studio Code, one of the world's best developer tools
- Discover the Bootstrap styling framework and learn how to apply it in your projects
- Discover if you enjoy working with web technology and where your future might lie in this area
- Experiment confidently with web technology and have fun coding :)
- I highly recommend you complete the first course in the series, though it is not essential.
- No prior knowledge of web languages & web technologies is required. This is a course aimed at the complete beginner :)
- To complete the interactive elements of the course, you'll need a desktop or laptop computer with an internet connection.
- During the course, you're going to install Microsoft VS Code onto your computer. We'll be downloading it from the official source (it's free), and don't worry, I'll walk you through it - but you will need permission to install a downloaded program on your computer.
Kick start your hobby or career as a Web Developer, have fun, and learn some of the most employer requested skills for 2023!
The second course in the widely acclaimed 'Coding for Beginners' series!
Have you ever wondered how the World Wide Web actually works? Do you think the internet and the web are the same thing? Have you ever wondered if you could create websites? Well.. you can! In fact, enrol now and you could have written your first lines of HTML code before you next check your Facebook!
Coding for Beginners is the most beginner friendly eLearning course series for complete beginners on Udemy! It doesn't matter if you've never even seen a line of computer code before - if you're interested, or just wondering if you could learn to code and you have an interest in learning about the web, then this is the course for you!
With over 100 lectures and more than 15 hours of video, this comprehensive course will teach you the very basics of web technologies, web languages & web development, from the ground up. Starting with a whirlwind history of the World Wide Web and showing you that the internet and the web are not the same thing, and moving on to foundation level theory on the web's core technologies and languages, practical 'code along' exercises, fun projects and great bonus content - Coding for Beginners 2 will take you on a relaxed, friendly and gentle learning journey from absolute zero to confident beginner level web developer!
Get ready to learn:
What the World Wide Web actually is
The history of the web
The web's core technologies: Browsers, Servers, HTML, HTTP & URL
How DNS works
What actually makes up a web page
What HTML code is and why we need it
How to write HTML code in a basic text editor
How to work with local files and folders on your system
How to build web pages using HTML code and test them in your browser
HTML elements, tags, attributes and values
What CSS code is and why we need it
How to use HTML & CSS together to add styling to your web pages
CSS properties, values, sizes, colours, fonts, targeting, specificity
How to mock-up web pages & websites
What a wireframe is
How to use Microsoft VS code
How to comment your code
How to use Google Fonts
How to navigate users around your site
What a stylesheet is
How to use internal & external stylesheets
Synchronous vs Asynchronous code execution
Events & event handlers
How to use internal & external script blocks
How to deconstruct problems & tasks
What a framework is
What Bootstrap is
How to use Bootstrap in your web projects
How to publish your websites to the World Wide Web
And all of this content is delivered in a beginner friendly way :)
As you transition from a basic text editor, into a much more powerful developer tool (used by top companies, freelancers and individuals all over the world), I'll show you it isn't scary at all! In fact, I think you'll love it :)
I'll do everything I can to help you discover which areas of Web Development you enjoy working in, where you might like to specialise, what to learn next and how to turn your hobby or career into a lifelong passion as you unlock a whole new world of creativity.
Move on from this course to:
Get started with highly interactive web applications
Get started with mobile development (because mobile uses web technologies now more than ever!)
Specialise as a UI/UX Designer, Front-End Developer, Back-End Developer, Full-Stack Web Developer or even an Agile SCRUM Master or Product Manager (Because you'll understand what web developers do)
Get started with web security, network security or ethical hacking (because you'll understand the basics of how the internet and the web actually work)
Thinking about a job in web development?
"The demand for web developers is expected to grow by 13% between now and 2030"
Coding for Beginners has been created by Applause Interactive in the UK, and we believe in quality learning. Rest assured, Udemy has a refund guarantee! If you are not satisfied in any way, you'll get your money back.
So what are you waiting for?
Let's unleash your creative potential, have some fun, and build some valuable digital skills for work and life! See you inside...
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning web development from scratch.
- Anyone wondering how to build websites at home.
- Anyone interested in how the web works and it's core technologies.
Applause Interactive is run by Greg Hamilton, an experienced coding teacher.
I'm passionate about education technology (edTech) and eLearning. I strongly believe in sharing knowledge to empower learners all over the world to discover and grow in their digital potential.