Coding a Algo Trading Bot: BankNIFTY Golden Ratio Strategy
- Basic python skills (should be familiar with data types, data structures, loops, functions, installing and importing libraries etc.)
- High school level Mathematics
- Intermediate level familiarity with finance/trading
Golden Ratio Strategy on BankNIFTY is one of the most popular Strategies in the Indian Stock Market. In this series, We will discuss the entire thought process behind coding the strategy in a paper trading bot by extracting the data using NSE's Website.
Once We do that, We shall also cover how to transform that paper trading bot to a real-time trading bot using Restful APIs and various python wrappers of most popular Indian Share Market Brokers like Zerodha, Alice Blue, Interactive Brokers.
This is not an introductory course and is targetted for a slightly advanced audience preferably who have already dealt with Python and has a basic understanding of programming.
You can expect to gain the following skills from this course
Basics of Algorithmic Trading
Scrapping Data From NSE
Usage of Jupyter Notebook and NSEPython API
Basics of BankNIFTY Golden Ratio Strategy
How to code a breakout Strategy using Python
Test your stock trading strategy with a paper account, without real money
Deploy the strategy in a real trading account!
The goal by the end of this course is for you to be able to use what you’ve learned and created trading algorithms’ that execute whatever strategy you can come up with. If you are already an algo trader the material in this course will likely not be helpful to you. However, if you are new to algo trading, this is an excellent time to learn, and an invaluable skill to develop.
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to have a bot placing orders into the market automatically
- Traders with a working strategy wanting to spend less hours in front of the computer
- Curious programmers wanting to get into the automated trading world
- Interested people in Python and its capabilities
- Traders looking to automate their strategies on Indian Stock Market
- Anyone interested in Algorithmic trading in the Indian market
- 16:30Basics of NSEPython, Jupyter
Aloha, I'm Amit Ghosh, a web entrepreneur, and avid blogger. Bitten by the entrepreneurial bug, I got kicked out of college and ended up being a millionaire and running a digital media company named Aeron7 headquartered at Lithuania. When I’m off my laptop and smartphone I do appreciate slow food and good wine.