Codename One 101 - Write Native Mobile Apps In Java
What you'll learn
- Develop applications using Codename One for all mobile devices
- Understand the pain points of mobile development
- Java development knowledge
- Ability to work with Eclipse/NetBeans
- Internet connection
It is assumed that students know Java and can use Eclipse or NetBeans.
- Basics of mobile device development
- Deploy to devices
- Using Codename One GUI Builder
- Building a Todo application
- UI Components
- Event Handling
- Event Dispatch Thread (EDT)
- Network Manager and Web Services
- File system
- Style & Themes
- Internationalization and localization
- Native Device Interface
Who this course is for:
- Java Developers
Shai has worked as a professional software developer for more than 20 years during that time he has worked with companies such as Sun Microsystems, Oracle, IBM, DoCoMo, Sprint, Verizon, Voafone, Government institutions, Banks and many others.
He worked in many languages and technologies ranging from Server to desktop and mobile. In the mid 90's Shai turned his focus to Java and as it emerged to mobile Java.
In mobile Java Shai was a core member of the first WTK team & co-founder of the LWUIT project at Sun before forming Codename One with Chen Fishbein.