CodeIgniter 4: Build a Complete Web Application from Scratch
What you'll learn
- How to install and configure CodeIgniter locally
- How an MVC framework like CodeIgniter differs from "plain" PHP
- Create, Read, Update, Delete (CRUD) for database records
- User registration with account activation by email
- Login with remember me, and requiring login to access content
- User-initiated password reset by email
- Uploading and processing images
- Handling Ajax requests and returning JSON
- Styling using a CSS framework
- Internationalization: displaying content in more than one language
- Securely deploying an application to shared hosting
- Support directly from the instructor: any question asked in the Q&A section will always get a response
- You need to know PHP, including the basics of classes and objects, and how to work with a database
- Ideally have a web server with PHP and Composer installed, but a brief overview of installing these will be covered
- Be happy to install software and run basic commands on the command line
CodeIgniter 4 is a modern, fast, lightweight, PHP MVC framework that allows you to build secure applications quickly and easily. It's simple to install and use, and works well on shared hosting. CodeIgniter provides a rich set of libraries for common tasks, which lets you focus on your project by minimizing the amount of code you need to write.
Learn how to develop PHP applications with CodeIgniter in this Comprehensive Course.
How to quickly install and configure the framework
Learn how to separate presentation code from application code
How to do CRUD (create, read, update, delete) operations
Signup: User account registration
Authentication: login with remember me
User administration with administrator users
Account activation by email
User-initiated password reset
File uploads and image processing
Ajax requests and JSON
Styling using a CSS framework
Internationalization: displaying content in more than one language
Deployment: installing the application on shared hosting
The essential skills required to develop applications quickly using CodeIgniter.
Developing PHP web applications is faster if you use a framework. There are many available frameworks, but some require a lot of configuration to get started, and need a powerful server to run. CodeIgniter is a lightweight but powerful framework, that's easy to install, and works well on shared hosting. On this course, we'll start from scratch, starting with installing the framework, through developing a complete web application, to ultimately installing it on a live server.
Content and Overview
This course is designed for the PHP developer who wants to learn the CodeIgniter framework in depth. I designed the course to be easily understood by PHP developers who have no previous experience of a framework, and who want to develop full, feature-rich applications quickly and easily. Learning the techniques on this course will enable you to write web applications using CodeIgniter faster than you would be able to do in plain PHP.
Suitable for all PHP developers, you'll start by learning the basics of the CodeIgniter framework.
You'll learn how the framework is organised, and how to work efficiently with it.
We'll build a full web application from scratch, with each concept explained in detail at every stage.
Throughout the course, we'll build code that you can reuse in all your projects.
All the source code developed in the lectures is available to download.
All the time we'll adhere to industry standards and best practices.
When you complete the course you'll be able to use CodeIgniter to create fast, flexible web applications, with all the features a modern web application requires.
Complete with all the code shown in the lectures, you'll be able to work alongside the instructor and will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
Also, at all times throughout the course you have access to the instructor in the Q&A section to ask for help with any topic related to the course.
Enrol now and become a master of the most popular lightweight PHP MVC framework!
Who this course is for:
- PHP developers who want to learn a lightweight but powerful framework to develop applications faster
- PHP developers who want to use a framework that's simpler than Laravel
Hi, I'm Dave Hollingworth. I'm an IT trainer and web application developer. I've been programming for over thirty years, and teaching IT since 1999.
I've developed enterprise-level applications on platforms ranging from mainframes to mobiles: from my first web application, a quotes system created for a major insurance company back in 1999 - the first of its type in the sector - to interactive learning management systems for online language learning.
I've taught courses ranging from basic use of email to advanced web application development, both online and in-person. I've been teaching on Udemy since 2012.
I'm passionate about technology, and love teaching it! I believe it's possible to explain even the most complex subjects in a simple, straightforward way that doesn't confuse the student.
I look forward to welcoming you onto one of my courses!