Code of Conduct Biotechnology
- No prerequisites are required
This course Code of conduct will give additional knowledge for students that could be useful when working in marine biotechnology field. The Regulation module gives short overview on main regulations and organizations dealing with the International Maritime Law. The Bioethics module gives overview about bioethics field in science and gives focus in marine biotechnology ethics. The Intellectual property module includes main aspects of industrial intellectual property and copyright. The main guidelines of patentability and commercialization of the invention are given. The short quiz after each module will consolidate the basic knowledge needed for studying biotechnology.
- Entrepreneurs looking for new opportunities in marine biotechnology
- Students in biology, technology, engineering and marine science
- Those interested in marine biotech
- Test of Module 110 questions
- Test of Module 27 questions
- Introduction to the Intellectual Property07:19
- Test of Lesson 34 questions
- Patents and Patentability04:57
- Test of Lesson 43 questions
- Industrial Intellectual Property Types10:15
- Test of Lesson 55 questions
- Test of Module 310 questions
The project involves five partners from Lithuania (2), Sweden (1), Poland (1) and Denmark (1). The partnership is composed of the universities and a business college. The partners are supported by associated partners (biotechnology association, association of distance and e-learning as well as tourist information organisations). The project is led by the Klaipeda University from Lithuania.
The overall idea of the project is to enable the exchange of knowledge and transfer of good practice from R&D sector to practitioners in marine biotechnology, marine/coastal tourism sectors as well as to students searching for education in a given field.