Coaching Kids Soccer 101
What you'll learn
- Know the basics of coaching kids and your own kid
- Build a team to have a fun practices and successful games
- Select or create a season long training curriculum
- Motivate parents
- Interested in Coaching Kids Soccer as a Volunteer
In this course you will learn how to set yourself and your team up for a great season. In an interactive manner we will cover:
- Life Lessons -- you want to teach your team
- Coaching 101 -- some basics of coaching and what to expect from your players
- Assistants -- why you want them, what they can help with, and how to recruit
- Practices -- how to plan and run. How to select or make your own curriculum.
- Games -- how to make lineups, run a game, and the cycle between games and practices
- Parent Communication -- motivating parents, how and what to communicate with them
At the conclusion you will be ready and prepared to have a great season!
Who this course is for:
- First time volunteer soccer coach
- Volunteer soccer coach with one to three seasons
I've played soccer my whole life and been a volunteer coach the last couple years. I love playing. However, I've found coaching to be the most rewarding part of my soccer life. I've been a head coach of my daughters team for the last three and an assistant before that.