Cloud-Native Application Development with Java EE
What you'll learn
- Design and build cloud-native applications using Java EE 8
- Deploy and run Java EE 8 microservices using Docker and Kubernetes
- Build robust and easily consumable REST APIs with JAX-RS and MicroProfile OpenApi
- Build resilient service clients using circuit breakers, bulkheads, timeouts and retries
- Develop loosely coupled, message-driven microservices with JMS and JSON-P
- Implement configurability with Kubernetes ConfigMaps and Secrets using MicroProfile Config
- Add and implement service monitoring with Metrics and MicroProfile Health
- Implement service call tracing with MicroProfile OpenTracing
- Secure your microservices with BASIC Auth and JSON Web Tokens
- Existing Java programming skills are required.
In a world of modern business models and digital products, the use of monolithic applications run classical infrastructure is just not feasible anymore. Many organizations have already begun resorting to the elasticity of the cloud as it offers them greater agility, availability, resilience, and portability. This video course is a one-stop solution for developers and architects, teaching them to understand the challenges faced in building cloud-native applications, using Java EE 8 and some additional well know open-source components and APIs. In combination, these APIs enable you to easily build hyperscale, elastic, loosely coupled, reliable, observable and secure microservices. Throughout this course, we address the different challenges you need to master to build truly cloud-native applications with Java EE. By the end of this course, you will be equipped with enough knowledge and practical experience to get your next cloud-native Java EE microservices up-and-running in no time, and with ease.
About the Author
Mario-Leander Reimer is a chief technologist for QAware GmbH. He is a senior Java developer with several years of experience in designing complex and large-scale system architectures. He continuously looks for innovations and ways to combine and apply state-of-the-art technology and open source software components in real-world customer projects. He studied computer science at Rosenheim and Staffordshire University. He teaches cloud computing as a part-time lecturer.
Who this course is for:
- This video course is for Java developers and architects who would like to build real cloud-native applications that are lightweight, hyperscale, elastic, loosely coupled, observable and secure.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.