Cloud Migration Strategy
What you'll learn
- This course is about learning how to decide whether an organisation should move to Cloud Computing or not. By taking this course, a learner will be able to strategically consider all the factors to determine feasibility and suitability to migrate to the Cloud. This course is not only for the IT professionals. This is not a technical course – it is about analyzing organisational factors using a strategic framework, to decide to move to the Cloud.
- There is no specific pre-requisite for this course. Anyone can take this course. However, it would be advantageous to have some introductory knowledge on Cloud Computing including Cloud service deployment model (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
Overall Course Objective:
Learn the strategic approach required for an organisation to decide on migrating to Cloud Computing from in-premise IT infrastructure.
1. Understand what is Cloud migration.
2. Understand the importance of decision making on Cloud migration.
3. Learn various organisational factors and concerns to consider for deciding on Cloud migration.
4. Understand different technical approaches to migrate to Cloud Computing.
5. Use a strategic framework for structured decision-making on Cloud migration.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn about the factors involved in Cloud migration strategy. This course may be particularly beneficial for those who are at the decision-making level (i.e. management). This course could be beneficial for IT managers and IS/IT analysts.
Monjur is an educator. He is a Lecturer with about 10 years of teaching experience. He has taught at Universities and other tertiary education institutes in the UK and APAC region. His PhD research was on Cloud Computing security. At postgraduate level, Monjur studied Communications Engineering and Telecommunications. His major at undergraduate level was Computing & Information Systems.
Monjur's area of expertise are Business Systems Analysis, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Computer and Information Security, Database Design and Development, and IT Project Management.
Monjur's approach to teaching is to keep it simple and straightforward. Using real life simple examples in teaching, he aims to establish the fact that nothing is complex; one super-complex entity is just an amalgamation of some super-simple things.