Cloud Databases on AWS and AZURE
What you'll learn
- On completion of this course you would be able to develop and deploy your applications over Amazon Cloud- Amazon Web Services.
- You would be in a better position to implement all DBMS concepts on AWS cloud using various kinds of database services out there.
- Flexibility to develop applications with DynamoDB, Neptune, RDS, StorageGateway, etc
- In this course we would explore various Database services available on Microsoft Azure cloud.
- We would learn SQL Database, CosmosDB, and Data warehouse with practical exercises and projects.
- No prerequisites at all, but if you are aware of some cloud based or web development tools and technologies, it is helpful.
- Having basic understanding of DBMS could be helpful.
- A basic understanding of DBMS/Database concepts would be more than sufficient.
Are you working on a project that involves some kind of cloud database? There are definitely a wide array of databases available to us, but as everything if shifting towards cloud computing platforms, it would be a wise decision to learn some of the Cloud Databases that can take your project to the next level. You will find all kinds of databases on the cloud, be it a traditional SQL based Relational Databases, or the JSON based NoSQL and NewSQL databases. You can easily provision Data warehouse on the cloud and migrate data between two databases easily. Cloud adoption is powered by massive scalability, cost-effectiveness, elasticity, that are the core features of Cloud computing platforms. You can easily integrate a wide range of tools and services available on cloud platform with Cloud databases, where you no longer need to worry about updating software patches, or load balancing issues. This is a beginner level course, where you learn everything about Cloud Databases right from scratch, so don't worry if you are a student or new to databases. But it gradually moves towards advanced concepts that can upgrade your database skills to the professional levels.
Advantages of Cloud Databases
Easy to Scale up and down (No need to provision everything at the beginning)
Highly Elastic- can create large number of instances when demand surges
(A large number of websites simply Crash due to their incapability to host sudden rise of Traffic, this can be easily handled by Cloud Databases)
Easy to integrate with wide range of Cloud services such as Storage, Compute, Analytics, Mobile, IoT, Machine Learning and Data Science, etc
There is a huge variety of Cloud Databases, you can create any or all of them- Relational, SQL based, NoSQL, JSON based, etc.
Cloud databases are backed with almost real-time technical support, with great documentation and example projects.
In this course you will be learning various cloud databases on AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Microsoft Azure cloud computing platforms. In the starting sections of this course, you will learn about various cloud databased on AWS, followed by the cloud databases on Microsoft Azure. This way you would be in a better position to compare these two major cloud platforms and plan your database strategy on cloud.
Database services on AWS:
Amazon RDS (Relational Database Service)
DynamoDB (NoSQL databases- Key Value, column, document, etc)
Elasticache (In-memory data store with large cache)
Redshift (used to create data archive)
Neptune (quick and reliable Graph database)
Database services on Microsoft Azure:
Azure SQL Database (Relational database on cloud)
CosmosDB (NoSQL databases- Key Value, column, document, graph, etc)
Data Warehouse (keep infrequent data archive of semi-structured or structured data)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who just wants to learn and test Amazon Web Services Platform or any developer willing to develop his/her application over Amazon Cloud- Amazon Web Services.
- Desire to master Database operations, and passion to learn various kinds of Databases on Cloud.
- Anyone who would be interested to learn Cloud Computing with Microsoft Azure.
- Would be interested in learning various Database services and option.
- Want to make a career in Cloud Computing and Database-as-a-Service.
I am Self-Taught developer who had worked on various platforms using varied languages, and involved in various Projects both Open Source and Proprietary.
I have developed Web and Android Applications, chrome Extension, worked on various frameworks, fixed bugs for some projects, and explored numerous others. I think education and learning should be free and open, not be bound with restrictions like attending classes or going to college, People from all age groups, gender, faith, race, nations, etc must get equal privilege. When entire world would act this way like being a single FAMILY, we would truly realize VALUE of Knowledge and Human Life.
Currently I am teaching more than 126,000 students from 174 countries across the world.