Cloud Computing Masterclass - Deployment to Administration
What you'll learn
- Learn the Benefits of Cloud Computing
- Learn various Cloud Computing Service Models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Learn to Setup and Secure a Remote Instance with SSH Key Pair Authentication
- Learn to Setup, Configure, and Secure Ubuntu on a Linode Instance
- Learn Common Maintenance and Directory Commands for Linux
- Learn the Importance of Root/Non-Root User Accounts on Ubuntu
- Learn the Foundations of Web Servers, Database Servers, and DBMSes
- Explore NGINX vs Apache
- Learn the Difference between SQL vs NoSQL Databases
- Explore Database Transaction Standards (ACID vs CAP Theorem)
- Distinguish between Stacks, Frameworks, and Languages
- Install and Configure LAMP Stack on Ubuntu using Command Line and Linode Marketplace
- Install and Configure PHP, MariaDB on Apache
- Learn the Foundations of Firewalls
- Setup and Configure Network Firewalls and Hosted Firewalls (UFW)
- Vertical and Horizontal Instance Scaling
- Deploying Auto Load Balancers (ALB) / NodeBalancer
- Creating Disk Images and Backups using Linode
- No prior experience needed. You will learn everything you need to know.
- Basic Computer Skills
Welcome to the Complete Cloud Computing Bootcamp - where we go from Instance Deployment to Remote Administration.
This course offers a comprehensive guide for aspiring cloud administrators looking to expand their knowledge in Cloud Computing and virtual instance configuration. In this course we will explore a number of key concepts starting from instance deployment, right up to remote server management, scaling and security.
This course starts by exploring the benefits of cloud computing from various aspects including cost efficiency, agility, scalability, and reliability. We explore the three main cloud computing service models including: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). We offer a detailed overview and comparison of the three models with example use cases of their application in modern enterprises. From there students gain hands-on experience in deploying and configuring virtual instances using one of the most robust and user-friendly cloud computing platforms out there: Linode.
The cloud computing section includes several key topics including:
Deploying virtual machines using pre-configured disk images.
Remote server administration using PuTTY, Terminal, and OpenSSH
Installing web servers & database management systems on Ubuntu.
Distinguishing between SQL and NoSQL Databases, including Database Transaction standards.
Understanding the foundations of Linux.
Installing and Configuring LAMP Stack for Ubuntu.
Installing and testing server-side scripting languages on Ubuntu
Server security with network and hosted firewalls
Scaling virtual machines vertically & horizontally with application load balancers.
Creating disk images and automated backups
After taking this course you will undoubtedly have the skills necessary to pursue a career in cloud computing. Remember that all our courses come with a Udemy and YouAccel certificate upon successful completion. You’re also welcomed into a community of over one million passionate learners that regularly network and support one another through a variety of our active support channels.
We invite you to challenge yourself and join us on this exciting learning adventure by enrolling in the course today.
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in a Career in Cloud Computing
- Students interested in Deploying and Configuring Virtual Instances
- Students interested in Understanding the Foundations of Server Security
- Students interested in Configuring Linux Servers
- Students interested in Learning how to Install and Configure LAMP Stack on Ubuntu
- Students interested in Installing and Configuring Apache Web Server
- Students interested in expanding their knowledge on Databases, DBMSes
YouAccel was founded in 2015 with the mission to be one of the most interactive e-learning platforms on the web. YouAccel is now a leading provider in online training, serving a global audience of over 2 million passionate learners. This includes 6+ Million enrollments, across 50 best-selling courses. YouAccel offers courses across numerous industries from Programming & IT to Business, Marketing, Design, and Productivity.
The e-learning experience provided by YouAccel is Dynamic. Each course is streamed in High Definition with corresponding assignments, quizzes, and exams that are delivered and graded electronically. All YouAccel courses are taught by certified educators that have numerous years of work experience in the field for which they provide instruction. The courses can be taken at one's own pace and are offered at several levels including beginner, intermediate and advanced. Taking the experience to a new personalized level, free support is available to all students who register for a course. All courses come with a certificate of completion and no age restrictions apply.
YouAccel strongly believes that the future of online learning will be through open community-based initiatives, where everyone’s voice is equally heard. This is exactly what YouAccel strives to achieve – an inclusive environment, where students have control over the direction of course content. YouAccel courses are continuously updated based on feedback from students and engaged community members. YouAccel instructors encourage communication at every step of the learning process. To date, hundreds of contributors around the globe have invested both time and resources, to ensure YouAccel courses meet the highest level of quality. YouAccel instructors are world renowned and many of them have been featured in mainstream publications such as Forbes, Mashable, Entrepreneur, and PBS among others.