I am Piyush Pande, a filmmaker. I have done closed captioning for my feature films as well as other's films (Total 15 films) which are streaming now on Amazon Prime and Netflix.
The complete course is of 1 hour and 30 minutes. I have divided the video into 5 parts.
Including all 5 parts, you will learn the following things:
1. Use of Subtitles in films.
2. Tools needed to do Closed captioning and Subtitling.
3. What is the difference between subtitling and Closed Captioning?
4. How to upload your video on Youtube specifically for closed captioning for Netflix or Amazon.
5. How to start closed captioning and subtitling?
6. Difference between Free translation and Literal translation.
7. How to use Google translator for subtitling or closed captioning?
8. How to install Grammarly and use it to improve your subtitling skills?
9. How to write closed captions and subtitles for Dialogues?
10. How to do the subtitling for dialogue when the person speaking it is not visible on the screen?
11. Different types of Nonspeech sounds and how to write it in Closed caption?
12. How to write nondialogue sounds?
13. How to describe background music?
14. How to describe a Song in a closed caption?
15. How to write the lyrics of the song?
16. How to do closed caption when a person is singing a song?
17. How to Save, export, download, and upload a subtitle SRT file?
18. How does a closed caption file look like and how to check it?