CLO Basic Apparel Training: Course 2/5-MATERIALS
What you'll learn
- How to design different materials in CLO
- Introduction to Image Maps and how to apply/edit them
- Edit Texture & Edit Graphic Tools
- Adding & Editing Topstitches & Puckering
- Exploration of the Object Browser & Property Editor
- This course builds upon the Core Course and introduces learners to materials in CLO
- The course will cover creating and editing fabrics, graphics, topstitches & puckering
- It is helpful to have experience designing with software on the computer, but it is not a requirement. The knowledge will help speed up your progress.
- Please make sure your hardware matches the CLO basic technical requirements for attending this course. There is a link to hardware specs in the Introduction Resources section
This is the second course in the CLO Basic Apparel Training Training. By the end of this course, you will be able to add and edit fabrics, graphics, topstitches, and puckering to your garment in your CLO Project. This is an essential step in the course which is followed by courses that will cover things like Garment Modification and Presentation.
In this MATERIALS COURSE, we will focus on the appearance of your garment. You will work through Four Parts which will give you essential information about the CLO apparel design process.
In the first part, you will learn how to use the Object Browser and Property Editor to edit and modify various parts of fabrics. These techniques will also translate to parts two, three, and four.
In Section 2, you will bring a fabric in from the CLO Library so you can learn how to apply multiple fabrics to a garment.
In Section 3, you will learn how to rotate and scale print as well as apply and edit a graphic.
In Section 4, you will add Toptstiching and Puckering to your garment.
Finally, we will review all parts by adding materials to your finished garment.
As you progress through the video lessons, you will be given quizzes to test the retention of the knowledge. Be sure to take notes as you go. Let’s get started!
Who this course is for:
- This course focuses on materials.
- This was developed by CLO 3D Virtual Fashion and is taught by a CLO 3D Designer.
- It is important to know that there will be quizzes and a final project that will task you with adding various materials to garments.
- Once you pass the Basic Apparel Training, you will be presented with only a Udemy Certificate of Completion. However, this does not qualify as a level of certification guaranteeing future job placements or career advancements.
CHANGING THE WORLD WITH VIRTUAL GARMENTS
Create and alter true-to-life 3D garments so you can perfect your ideas before they go into production.
CREATE REAL GARMENTS IN REAL-TIME
Accurately visualize the fabric, fit, and silhouette of your designs as fast as you can imagine them.
SIMPLE, YET INTUITIVE
CLO gives you a familiar, easy-to-use interface that enables you to visualize your designs in a way that is quick and hassle-free.
EFFICIENT FROM END-TO-END
Significantly shorten your time-to-market with virtual sampling and remote collaboration.
Designing with virtual garments reduces sample production, shipment and material waste.
CLO DESIGNER SUPPORT
Ask course related questions on our official Discord channel and receive answers directly from our 3D Designers - Invitation in Course Resources