The Beginners Course for Clinical Research
What you'll learn
- Understand the clinical research process
- Learn about Good Clinical Practices
- Identify and differentiate the different phases in clinical research
- Comprehend about all responsible parties in clinical research
- Determine if a career in clinical research could be suitable for the student
- From the clinical research jobs described, choose the most appealing to you
- Ideally, students should have a minimum 4 years post secondary education in medicine, pharmacy, science or allied discipline
Have you ever wondered what it takes to land a job in clinical research? First, you have to know what clinical research is all about and the potential jobs, and this course will give you that.
This course will provide you with the essentials of clinical research in a very summarized and concise manner to understand the process and to work towards building your qualifications for a job. You will learn about Good Clinical Practices and how it influences country specific regulations, the drug development process and the phases of clinical research and post-marketing research, which are the parties responsible in clinical trials, and what are the qualifications, background, training and experience a clinical research professional needs to have. This course is also supplemented with a complete description of the most typical jobs in clinical research and the not so typical, nevertheless very important.
This course is part of a series of eLearning by EduPharma and Global Research Pharma Canada, and provides credits towards the Certificate in Clinical Research and the Mater Certificate in Clinical Research and Drug Development.
Who this course is for:
- The course Clinical Research for Beginners is ideal for recent graduates as well as experienced professionals in science, medicine and allied discipline who are looking into career in clinical research
- Graduates from other areas are encouraged to attend this course to be able to understand which supplementary education is needed to enter into the exciting world of clinical research and development
Dr. Madzarevic has more than twenty five years of experience in global pharmaceutical research, development and academic research. Trained as a medical scientist, she has held academic and industry positions internationally. Her areas of expertise include discovery, pre-clinical, clinical and post-marketing development. Vera has worked for world renowned pharmaceutical companies such as Ciba-Geigy in Canada and globally, as well as Novartis in East Hannover in the US as a Senior Scientist. Dr. Madzarevic completed her post-doctoral research fellowship at the Banting and Best Institute for Medical Research at the University of Toronto.
Her vast experience includes providing consultancy services for most major pharmaceutical and biotech companies across the globe. Vera´s particular expertise is centered on internal and pre-regulatory GCP, GLP, and CLIA pre-certification inspections, clinical trial management, drug development programs, quality assurance, and professional training. She currently heads the following companies: Global Research Pharma Canada, EduPharma Canada and the Clinical Research Institute of America . Vera was also the main coordinator of the Clinical Research Diploma Program (post graduate program in clinical research) at the Academy of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences in Toronto, Canada. Vera is a published author, with her last work being Clinical Trials Audit Preparation: A Guide for Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Inspections by Vera Mihajlovic-Madzarevic (Wiley, 2010),