Renewable Energy and Climate Change
What you'll learn
- Learn about SOLAR, WIND, BIOMASS, BIOFUELS, GEOTHERMAL, FUEL CELLS, HYDROELECTRIC, WAVE (OCEAN & TIDAL)
- DISCOVER innovative RENEWABLE ENERGY technologies (e.g. turning CO2 into baking soda!)
- Identify FOSSIL FUELS, how they FORM, the types, how they impact the ENVIRONMENT & their effects on CLIMATE CHANGE
- Learn about ENERGY & ELECTRICITY; Energy CONSERVATION & Energy EFFICIENCY
- Jumpstart your renewable energy career with an end-of-course certificate
- After 30 days, if you decide it's not for you, simply jump into your account and cancel. Nothing to lose and everything to gain!
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, or Apple Mac Preview (as the quizzes provided are as pdf)
- Keen interest in SAVING our planet from CLIMATE CHANGE
Think someone should do something to save our planet from Climate Change?
The Earth is in a CLIMATE CRISIS, and needs you. Yes, YOU!! Right now, we are in the Emergency Room, and need to act quickly.
Our planet is heating up rapidly - over the last seven years, our planet has seen the hottest temperatures on record.
Take this Easy-to-understand STEP-BY-STEP course on Renewable Energy and Climate Change, if YOU want to help.
Even the smallest things YOU DO can SAVE our planet!
Great student reviews and 4-5 star ratings for this course:
Chukwuemeka Korie Dec 10 2020 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Paul New - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Tatyana Johnson - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Razvan Radu - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Richard Touret - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Michael McHugh - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Rolando Villarreal-Soriano - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Jennifer Ho - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
But first, let's start with a ...
Fun Fact: Did you know ... the world is covered by around 70% water. But only around 2.5% is fresh, drinkable water (NatGeo).
and now a...
Scary Fact: Did you know ... that animals (mostly COWS) contribute to global warming?!! Yeah, around 20% of all world's greenhouse gas emissions (methane) is BELCHED by 1.5 billion COWS! Over 40% of the farmland in the USA is used for grazing cattle. Just to bring meat to your dinner table.
One clever way to reduce the amount of methane produced by cows is to add seaweed to their feed!! Now that's clever.
Fun Fact: Did you know ... that the Earth receives more energy from the sun in a single hour than the world uses in an ENTIRE year. Currently, we capture only 1% of the sun's energy to produce electricity!!!
Scary Fact: Because the world's oceans absorb about 30% of the CO2 that humans spew out, the oceans are now much more acidic. Together with a warmer ocean temperature has resulted in 50% of the world's Coral Reefs now EXTINCT, with the remaining living reefs expected to disappear in about 20-30 years!! Leaving behind green, slimy algae.
Scary Fact: 1% of global energy consumption is used to keep data stored in the cloud (i.e. stored in data centers) COOL!
After taking this course you will know where oil comes from, what coal is, what CO2 and Methane are and how they contribute to our warming climate.
You will have a unique and thorough understanding of the basics, terminology, concepts, and technologies to be proud of. Plus you'll receive a Certificate of Completion too.
I'll walk you through each lecture through a series of videos. With 30 lectures and 144 mins of videos, this course provides a comprehensive overview of:
Energy and Electricity
Climate Change and the Environment
Alternative Fossil Fuels & Synfuels
The environmental costs of using Fossil Fuels
Energy Conservation & Renewables
Renewable Energy Technologies, including:
Biomass and Biofuels (innovative "Jatropha" and "algae-derived" oils)
Solar power (PV and solar thermal)
Wind power (horizontal axis, vertical axis, offshore, 'Turbines Integrated into Buildings')
Ocean thermal energy
This course is jam-packed to cover them all. Plus end-of-section review questions, quizzes, and loads of resources.
Take this course because you want to:
SAVE our planet and
learn about climate change and the environment (so what's all the fuss?) Or
learn about fossil fuels (what's that all about) Or
Live or Work OFF-THE-GRID (do you want a sustainable family, life and business?) Or
INVEST in Yourself and Jumpstart Your CAREER with a Certificate of Completion for:
a 'GREEN' Job Or
college/university admission Or
learn more, as a professional whose already WORKING in the renewable energy industry
Then this course is for you.
INVEST in your FUTURE!
CLICK on the "ADD TO CART" button, and you will be on your way to GET STARTED!
Before 30 days, if you decide it's not for you, simply jump into your account and cancel. Nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to GAIN!
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for anyone, who is concerned about the current state of our planet, and wants to learn about climate change and the environment and what YOU can do about it!
- For anyone interested in this fast-developing and profitable industry, this course provides a much cheaper option for discovering this industry as a possible new career for you. It helps get your feet wet.
- This course is especially useful for jumpstarting your career with an end-of-course certificate; gaining experience for a 'green' job or for college/university admission
- For people already in the renewables industry, this course can provide a comprehensive overview of how the technologies work.
- For anyone who wants to learn how the new, emerging innovative renewable energy technologies work. This course is jam-packed to cover most of them.
Marianne is a Rocket Scientist, published author, academic, and engineer.
She has acquired 20+ years of professional experience, and has applied this to her work at Fortune 500 multinational corporations (MNCs).
After receiving her Masters degree in Engineering in 2010, she began teaching, concurrently, while working full-time at the MNCs.
Also an Educator, for more than 15+ years, she has taught all levels, including postgraduate students. Subjects taught include: Data Science (Big Data), Mathematics, Engineering Design, IBM SPSS, Renewable Energy, and Quantitative Data Analysis.
She would like to share her enthusiasm with you, and hopes to provide a fun and enjoyable learning experience.