Get Organised:Sentimental Items (Declutter,Clutter-Clearing)
What you'll learn
- Let go of sentimental items you don't really like or need, without feeling guilty
- Choose which sentimental items are important - and you should keep - and let go of the rest
- Appreciate the best - by tossing the rest
- Be free of the past
- Make room for new possibilities to come into your life
- Make the most of your sentimental treasures
- Honour your memories
- Only that you want to reduce your sentimental stuff - without regrets - and organise what you keep so you can enjoy it
- Bags and/or boxes to sort your stuff into - but don't buy anything new (unless you've run out of bin bags!)
We've all got sentimental items - me included. And there's nothing wrong with that.
It's LOVELY to have stuff around that reminds us of happy times and people we love or loved.
Our memories are precious.
...what if you've got so MANY items that you don't get to APPRECIATE your memories?
What if you can't find your most precious memorabilia because you're overwhelmed with sentimental items?
Sentimental items are the HARDEST of all to declutter. The fear of letting go of something - and then missing it - can be paralysing.
But having sentimental clutter (instead of sentimental items) keeps you stuck in the past: living with old, dead energy, instead of creating the future you want - and deserve.
So I'm here to help you tackle it - gently and without regrets.
Honour the past without being held back by it.
Understand the natural, deep, psychological reasons why we get attached to things.
Make time to declutter and learn my simple, foolproof 7-step decluttering process.
Learn a TON of ways to make letting go of sentimental items easier.
How to find great new homes for the stuff you're letting go - and make the MOST of the stuff you're keeping.
How to stop sentimental clutter creeping back.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to let go of the sentimental items that are no longer serving you - and are keeping you stuck - and really ENJOY the ones you keep, while stepping into the future you deserve. What would you LIKE to come into your life?!
Who this course is for:
- You're overwhelmed by sentimental stuff
- Your sentimental stuff is keeping you stuck in the past - and you want to make room for the new
- You want to let go of sentimental items but you feel too guilty
- You want to ENJOY your sentimental stuff and honour your memories - without being swamped
- You're scared of the memories that might come up
- You're afraid you might wear your memories out by going through your stuff too often
- You're worry you might LOSE your memories with the items
- Your precious treasures are buried under other stuff so you never see them
When your home works, your life works!
I'm a self-confessed decluttering and organising geek as well as a trained coach and a Psychology graduate. I love the way decluttering your stuff declutters your mind, and the contribution decluttering and organising makes to living a low impact life.
I created Green and Tidy in 2011 to share my experience of decluttering my home from top to bottom - going through every single thing I owned. In 2006 I cleared out all my junk - and I've lived clutter free and organised ever since.
I'm a member of the Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers (APDO).
National TV and press appearances
I've been featured on ITV Tonight, on radio and in magazines, including Sainsbury’s Magazine, House Beautiful, Glamour and Woman & Home.