Disrupt Disruptive Behaviors with Trauma-Informed Practices
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- 4 Steps To Calming Chaos in Your Classroom
- How to set up your trauma-informed classroom to prevent challenging behaviors
- Step by step guidance, tools, and templates to create a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Problem solving tools that will stop students disruptive behavior in their tracks and effectively guide them to building the resiliency skills they lack.
- Regain your power and pride in your work such that teaching becomes satisfying and enjoyable
- How to generate a fun classroom environment where all students feel a sense of belonging, they look forward to being there, and they actively participate.
- How to communicate with students so you can disrupt crazy behavior and get control of your classroom in seconds
- The 4 types challenging behaviors and how to respond so that you can stop classroom derailing behaviors in their tracks
- If you want to truly learn how to implement trauma-informed practices, you need to be here.
This course is an in-depth training for teachers who want to learn the skills, implement the practices and use tools to gain control of their classroom and get their sanity back. You’ll receive step by step instructions, scripts, examples, and templates to transform your classroom.
In this course, teachers will go beyond knowing what trauma-informed care means and discover exactly how to implement proven and tested trauma-informed practices (TIP) to stabilize and revitalize their classrooms. Using TIP creates a fun and exciting experience for both students and teachers.
- Teachers who desire to take their power back in the classroom
- Teachers who want effective tools to build resiliency skills needed for cooperative classrooms
Welcome to Disrupt Disruptive Classroom Behaviors with Trauma Informed Practices.
You'll be introduced to the structure of the course. Dr. Kim will walk you through 4 milestones each with 3 lessons.
In these lessons, you'll receive the actual tools, techniques, communication recommendations to prepare and practice the Trauma Informed Principles. Once you've practiced, you'll be able to implement them into your classroom.
Please download the pdf in this lecture to see a listing of all the Milestones and Lesson topics.
Milestone 1- Prevent Insanity
In the 3 lessons of Milestone 1 you'll learn how to set up your trauma-informed classroom to prevent challenging behaviors and create a collaborative and cooperative environment.
Download the pdf in this lesson for Milestone 1. Follow along with the step by step instruction in these 3 lessons. You'll receive the tools and templates to make the transformation from classroom chaos to a calm environment.
Milestone 2 - Disrupt the Insanity
The 3 lessons of Milestone 2 will give you the problem solving tools that will stop students disruptive behavior in their tracks and effectively guide them to building the resiliency skills they lack.
Discover how to create a joyful classroom even when you are faced with youth who are angry and socially disaffected.
Regain your power and pride in your work. Teaching becomes a satisfying and exciting again.
Please download the pdf for Milestone 2 in this lecture and follow along for the 3 lessons of Milestone 2.
Milestone 3 - Create the classroom environment that creates a sense of community and you feel proud of.
In the 3 lessons of Milestone 3 you'll learn the steps to create a fun classroom environment where all students feel a sense of belonging and they look forward to being there and actively participating.
Enjoy Your Class Again -experience satisfaction and pride knowing you have the power to transform your classroom.
You'll be able to give every student an opportunity to "fit in" and feel like they are an important member of the class.
Download the pdf here and follow along for the 3 lessons of Milestone 3.
Milestone 4 – Put Your Superhero Powers into Action
In Milestone 4 you'll learn how to observe, identify and respond to behaviors. You'll know more about the motivations behind behaviors and use TIP to help stop disruptions in their tracks. This module includes:
The 4 types challenging behaviors and how to respond and stop disruptions
Build in practices into your classroom that help students build resiliency skills that can help them become positive leaders
Learn how to communicate with students so you can disrupt crazy behavior and get control of your classroom in seconds.
Download the accompanying pdf in this lecture and follow along for all 3 lessons in Milestone 4 section.