Classroom Strategies for Effective Teaching
What you'll learn
- Get familiar with the term, "Classroom Teaching Strategies" & their importance
- Learn about the four main categories in which classroom teaching strategies can be classified
- Learn about effective teaching strategies like KWL, thinking keys, Self assessment, Student's Journals etc for developing thinking skills
- Get an understanding of important teaching strategies like flow chart, Y chart, T chart, spider diagram, Venn Diagram etc and their importance
- Learn about important teaching strategies like Think Pair Share, Peer assessment & Donut Inner/ Outer circle which enhance social skills in the classroom
- Understand about imp teaching methods like Augmented Reality, Keynote, Podcasts, KidPix etc that help students communicate thinking with technology
- Knowledge of Inquiry based learning will be an added advantage
- Curiosity to learn interesting classroom teaching strategies like Augmented Reality, Flow chart, Keynote, concept mapping, Y chart & some relaxation exercises with your children in the classroom & at home
Teaching strategies also known as instructional strategies are methods that educator uses to deliver course material in ways that keep students engaged and practicing different skill sets designed to create an environment that is most conducive to learning and enjoying school. These are the methods and techniques that an educator will use to support their students through the learning process.
It’s about trust and influence. It’s about relationships and leadership. It’s about students behaving and giving their best because they want to, not because they’re forced to.
For students, it is the freedom to love school, to thrive academically, and to make lasting friendships without being bullied, bothered, or made fun of.
For teachers, it is the freedom to teach without interference, to develop a passion and appreciation for the profession, and to make an impact that echoes into eternity.
Simply put, effective classroom management is where the desires and fulfilment of both students and teachers meet.
Classroom teaching strategies can be categorised as:
--> Strategies for developing thinking skills, for example KWL, SWOT, Round Robin, Journals, Self Assessment
--> Strategies & Graphic Organisers that help in organising these thinking skills, for example Concept Map, Venn Diagram, T chart, Concentric Circles, Flow chart etc.
--> Strategies that help students develop social skills, for example Think Pair Share, See Saw, Peer Assessment, Jigsaw
--> Strategies that help students communicate thinking with technology, for example Keynote, Web Publishing, Powerpoint, Podcasts/ Audio tapes, KidPix etc.
Who this course is for:
- Educators, Learning Centre Coordinators, Early Childhood Education Students
- Caregivers, Parents
Hi I am Veenu
Educational Consultant, Curriculum planner & Educator with over twelve years of experience in Early Childhood Education with a passion for teaching and learning with children. I truly believe in learning happens everyday and yes, you learn from children as well. They have taught me more about myself and that happiness exists in little things.
Teaching at various institutions in India and through Parent Education Program in US, I have developed various modules for Teacher Enrichment Programs for early childhood and primary educators.
My specialised modules include:
• The Art of Storytelling
• Circle Time Made Fun
• Classroom Learning Centres
• Classroom Learning Stations ( Early Years)
• The Science of Parenting
• Making PYP Happen
• Lesson Planning
• Classroom Strategies for Effective Teaching
• Learning Essential Soft Skills ( Children & Students)