Classroom Management Essentials
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 14 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students who complete this course will develop the skills necessary to develop a safe, caring and orderly classroom where academic and social-emotional learning can occur.
- A basic understanding of the dynamics of an elementary, middle or high school classroom is required.
Classroom management is consistently identified as a major concern for teachers. Yet, it is absolutely an essential component of effective teaching. This course helps teachers learn how to effectively manage a classroom. The primary goal of the course is to introduce a practical model for understanding and deconstructing the tasks involved in the process of classroom management and on learning practical, easy to implement strategies that enable teachers to spend more time teaching rather than disciplining!
Specifically, participants in this course will learn:
- Common misconceptions about classroom management
- How to develop effective rules and routines
- The role relationships play in one’s classroom management plan
- Techniques for preventing misbehavior
- Strategies for dealing with minor and more serious misbehavior
- Plus much, much more!
The course is divided into seven chapters. Each chapter begins with a lecture presented by Dr. Tracey Garrett, a specialist in the field of classroom management. Then, each chapter has a self-guided component where participants can review and expand on the material presented in the first lecture at their own pace. Finally, the remaining lectures in each chapter are interviews of teachers at different grade levels offering insight into their practice.
- This target audience for this class is any novice or veteran teacher, supervisor, mentor or coach, and principals who would like to learn about effective classroom management.
Dr. Tracey Garrett describes Classroom Management Essentials, a self-guided, interactive, educational course, which helps teachers learn how to effectively manage a classroom.
Watch this video and learn more about how the physical environment of a classroom impacts a teacher’s ability to manage his or her class and some “best practices” for designing your own classroom!
- Explore some best practices for arranging the physical environment of your classroom.
- Examine the theory, pros and cons to four popular desk arrangements.
In this video, you will learn all about developing rules and routines for your classroom. Questions such as - What are rules and routines? How are they different? Why do I need them? and much more will be addressed!
- Sample Rules: Take a look at many potential rules for your classroom.
- Evaluate Your Rules: Use these questions to evaluate your classroom rules.
- Routines: Explore the three different types of routines including class running, lesson running and interaction routines.
Why are relationships part of classroom management? Watch this video to find out all about the role that caring relationships play in a teacher’s classroom management plan and some specific strategies to build relationships with and among your students!
- Building Relationships: Check out the variety of strategies teachers can use to build relationships with and among their students.
- In The Students' Words: Check out the variety of strategies teachers can use to build relationships with and among their students.
Addressing discipline problems can be a difficult task for teachers! Watch this video and learn some key behaviors that teachers can implement to prevent discipline problems from happening in the first place as well as some strategies for dealing with minor misbehavior in the classroom.
- Logical Consequences: Explore sample logical consequences.
- Sample Rewards: Explore sample logical consequences.