Classical music appreciation: a practical example
What you'll learn
- How to listen to classical music with greater understanding and enjoyment
- A picture of the European musical civilization
- The links between classical music and the evolution of European culture, history and society
- A clear way to approach a new piece in an effective way
- Only interest and will to learn
Hello everybody and welcome!
In this short free course I am going to give you information about what and how I teach and other things related to my courses in general.
The main body of this time together will be dedicated to a short but juicy practical demonstration of how I conceive and convey classical music appreciation teaching, my method and the result I will be aiming for in all my courses.
Join and enjoy!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Classical Music or curious about it
- Classical Music lovers
- Amateur musicians eager of deepen the knowledge about the art
My name is Giacomo Mura, I am a 27-years-old Italian classical violinist and music teacher.
During and after my graduation in conservatory in Como I attended for years the history of music courses held by the well-known professor Alberto Batisti (one of the most important Italian music historians), where I learnt to look at music as part of our culture, and experienced the communication of the joy and the wonder born by a greater understanding and immersion into it.
I have been working for more than one year in the diffusion of a good and solid knowledge of classical music without demanding any basic preparation from my audience, teaching its history and how to listen with greater awareness and enjoyment.
During the past few years I held events and lectures working along with the Italian embassy in Vienna, the "Società Dante Alighieri" in Vienna, several Wiener Volkshochschülen, the associations "MUSEDU" and "Initiative WIr Sinnd".