Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) Routing & Switching RSTECH
What you'll learn
- You will learn what Networking is all about, types of networks and how network communications work
- You will learn how you can identify Cisco router and switch models, accessories, cabling, and interface
- You will understand the Cisco Internetwork Operating System (Cisco IOS) software operating modes
- You will learn basic Cisco Command Line Interface (CLI) to connect and service products using SSH, Telnet, Putty and Tera Term
- You will learn about IPv4 (including Subnetting) and IPv6 for RSTECH exam
- You will learn how to do onsite support and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, and operating environments
- You will Learn how to use Network Simulation Tools Such as Cisco Packet Tracer and Cisco Modeling Labs for experiments and learning
- You will learn CCT Routing and Switching Basics for RSTECH exam
- No Course Requirements
- The Course is ideal for beginner Engineers who want to start a career in networking
The CCT Routing and Switching offer you the content you need to prepare for RSTECH v3.0 exam. We have used precise and succinct language throughout the course and thoroughly reviewed the content to ensure that it meets the entry-level training standards. You can use the course to prepare for your Cisco CCT Routing and Switching exams and as an entry-level course for two other Cisco Certifications. i.e. Cisco CCNA and Cisco DevNet Associate.
What is in this CCT Routing and Switching (RSTECH v3.0) Course?
CCT Routing and Switching (RSTECH v3.0) Course introduces networking concepts using simple language that is easy to understand. Where possible, illustrations and practical sessions are used to help you understand the content in the best possible way.
We start the course by introducing the learner to networking by highlighting what networking is and how various networking technologies are used to support business processes. We then get into the details of the devices used in a network such as Routers and Switches; the cabling used to interconnect them, their interfaces, and various components and modules. The standards, rules, and protocols that must be followed in network communications are emphasized throughout the course where and when necessary.
Additionally, there is a detailed discussion of the OSI reference model comparatively with the TCP/IP Model and the various layers of each of these models; including layer 2 addresses (MAC addresses) and layer 3 addresses (IPv4 and IPv6 addresses).
Finally, there is a review of Cisco Devices and Software used in networking and how you can identify the equipment to use for various business needs. We have also discussed various tools needed by Network Engineers to Support Networks. There is a lot more content that will prepare you in the best way possible in this field.
The course has the following modules examined in the Cisco CCT exams
Who this course is for:
- Onsite support technicians, who need technical skills to diagnose, restore, repair, and replace critical Cisco routing and switching network devices.
- Anyone interested in sitting for the Cisco Certified Technician (Cisco CCT course) 100-490 (RSTECH) - Supporting Cisco Routing and Switching Network Devices (RSTECH) v3.0
- Suitable for anyone interested in understanding the foundations of Networking.
- Good foundation for Advanced Cisco Courses such as CCNA and CCNP
- Ideal for Electrical Engineers who may wish to add to their technical skills
I am an adept and seasoned researcher, trainer, and developer in data security and privacy. I have experience as a digital security trainer, Network Engineer, and cloud applications developer. Additionally, I possess vast knowledge and technical skills in encryption techniques, Network and Software Engineering, and applications development. I am enthusiastic about new and emerging technologies in Computer Science, with a keen interest in research on cloud computing, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, Network Engineering, and Distributed Ledger Technologies. I have experience working in over ten countries, primarily facilitating physical and online ICT training and developing ICT Strategic Plans for inclusion in organizational strategic plans.