Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure - ACI
What you'll learn
- Prepare and plan for ACI integrations in a greenfield, or brownfield deployment scenario
- Deploy an ACI infrastructure
- Talk to management level employees about the benefits of Cisco's ACI
- CCNP-DC or equivalent knowledge
- Basic knowledge of VXLAN
Get to know Cisco ACI with your instructor, Jason Lunde, a certified CCIE in both Data Center and Routing and Switching. In this initial series we will not overwhelm you with information, but rather strive get you accustomed to ACI, how it operates, and how to actually do the work within the APIC GUI! This is about 9 hours worth of ACI goodness! If you are preparing for the DC v2 exam, this will be the perfect series to obtain the information that you will need to know in order to be successful in the lab examination (within the scope of ACI).
You will learn more about:
• SDN (Software-defined Networking)
• ACI Components
o Spine and Leaf Switches
o APIC Controllers
Unlike most traditional courses, I will take you through the implementation of an ACI infrastructure from a real-world perspective. You will learn most of the terminology associated with Cisco’s ACI, as well as the basic networking constructs such as bridge domains and contexts.
Most implementation are not going to be ‘strictly ACI’ either, so I take you though how to extend layer-2 and layer-3 out of, and through the ACI domain. This includes using some of our favorite protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and vPC!
Note: My course is developed using ACI 1.2(x) release.
Who this course is for:
- Students studying for the CCIE DC v2 Exam
- Pre and post-sales engineers wanting real-world ACI examples and scenarios
- People wanting to learn ACI in a logical, easy to understand format
My name is Jason Lunde, and I am CCIE#29431 in Data Center and Routing and Switching. I have been a Cisco-centric network engineer for a little over 10 years now. Many of you may remember me from my days as a Sr. Technical Instructor at another training company, where I provided CCNA/CCNP and CCIE Datacenter training. I strive to continue that tradition of providing logical, real-world training to people willing to learn!