Circle CI for DevOps
What you'll learn
- Understand how and why we use Continuous Integration Tools like CircleCI
- How to setup configuration files in CircleCI
- Understand the History of Continuous Integration
- Understand how to setup Github Checks for CircleCI
- How to setup caching in CircleCI
- How to use Artifacts in CircleCI
- Make use of the Insights Tab in CircleCI
- How to deploy Apps onto AWS or Heroku
- Browser Testing with CircleCI
- Circle Orbs
- A desire to learn and Crush It!
- A working Computer with either Windows/MacOS or Linux
- An Internet connection
- All technologies we will use will be free/have free trial versions
- Some Basic knowledge of unix/linux commands can be helpful, but not required
- Desire to learn something new.
Welcome to this Course on Circle CI
We are very excited to get this course out to you. This course will take you from being a beginner to an expert in CircleCI for continuous integrations and delivery/deployment.
In this course you will Learn by example, as we demonstrate all the concepts discussed - so that you can see them working, and you can try them out for yourself as well.
CircleCI is a continuous integration and delivery platform that enables development teams to release code quickly while also automating the build, test, and deployment processes. With caching, docker layer caching, artifacts, and other features, CircleCI can run even the most complex pipelines effectively.
We will learn about the three key components of building a Continuous Build Pipeline -
1) Planning and Architecture: Utilize the extensive, customized fleet of CI/CD machines, which includes Docker containers and VMs for Linux, macOS, Windows, and Arm, to save time and resources. Create unique execution environments on your own infrastructure for more control and platform support. Plans job and workflow steps in order to get your tasks done in the order you want. Setup triggers so your workflows can run on a schedule.
2) Automated Builds: Execute and store your builds using Circle CI commands. Use Artifacts to keep copies of your compiled code. CircleCI provides caching mechanism for faster performance.
3) Deployment and Testing: CircleCI is a good fit for any software development team with a large or complex collection of automated tests, especially if they use cloud services for the majority of their development (such as GitHub). You can deploy on a variety of tools like AWS S3, EC2 or Heroku. We will see how to execute these steps.
We will understand why CircleCI is the perfect CI/CD platform. We will learn about its features & capabilities.
Everything is well documented and separated, so you can find what you need. Assignments and Quizzes will make sure you stay on track and test your knowledge. The course will have a combination of theory and practical examples.
Who this course is for:
- DevOps leads who want to learn age tools to automate everything from builds to deploys
- Anyone interested in CircleCI
- Software Engineers
- Anyone who wants to work on the continuous integration/continuous deployment workflow setup in their team
Graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a degree in Computer Science. Has been working in the Industry for a few years now. He likes to teach as a hobby. Just have a passion for teaching and enjoy doing this on the side. He tries to be concise and to the point, while making sure students follow all the best practices.