Church Leadership 101 -Bob Whitesel PhD - Leadership.church
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- The essentials of church leadership for staff, pastors & volunteers.
- Good leadership begins by discovering your God-given leadership style.
- How to surround yourself with those who complement your style.
- Which leadership opportunities you will enjoy (and which you won’t).
- Contemporary and Biblical stories that illustrate each leadership style.
- Once you’ve discovered your mixture of three “natural” styles of leadership (strategic, tactical & relational - 3-STRand Leadership) you will lead with more joy, less conflict and more unity.
- No requirements, this is an introductory course. But it is still packed with ideas you can apply today to maximize your leadership impact.
In his energetic and insightful style, award-winning church leadership expert and author, Bob Whitesel D.Min., Ph.D., shows that good leadership begins by knowing the style of leadership you most enjoy. Dr. Whitesel introduces the student to the three “natural’ or 3 STRand leadership styles: strategic, tactical & relational leadership. The student will discover their preferred style (and sub-styles) through an included questionnaire. Finally, the student will learn how to better lead others by surrounding themselves with leaders who have complementary styles.
- Church volunteers, staff, pastors, denominational leaders, students or anyone interested in the results of research into 30 years of church leadership.
Good leadership begins by discovering your natural leadership style. In this welcome to Church Leadership 101, Dr. Whitesel explains the course content. He also discusses his expertise in church leadership including two earned doctorates from Fuller Theological Seminary, having received both Donald McGavran Awards and emerging as an award-winning author of hundreds of articles and over a dozen books.
Good leadership begins by knowing the style of leadership you most enjoy.
Dr. Whitesel explains the three “natural" leadership styles.
The student downloads and takes the questionnaire.
The student downloads and scores the questionnaire with the scoring sheet.
In the upcoming Lectures 3, 4 & 5, the student will learn ...
the strengths (and weaknesses) of each style,
how to surround themselves with leaders who complement their style,
when and where to use their preferred leadership style,
which will result in maximum impact and satisfying leadership experiences.
This video explains why tactical leaders are often the missing ingredient of successful goal meeting and how they assist other leaders by creating budgets, step-by-step plans, evaluation tools and ways to measure progress. The student will also learn how to identify and involve those with tactical leadership skills.
Relational leaders lead through relationships. And, they keep teams of volunteers and smaller groups united in purpose. When they are involved in planning and evaluation, they create not only unity but also member motivation. Learn how to identify them (and if you are one) as well as how to incorporate them into successful teamwork and planning.