Chinese Humorous Stories Season 1
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- acquire a wide range of most commonly used vocabulary and expression in all realms of daily life, understand and tell humorous stories in Chinese
- The course is for all levels of Chinese learners, because its vocabulary list ranges from the elementary to the intermediate advanced. However, it is highly prefered that the students have taken my College Mandarin Chinese on Your Own Beginning Level so they are familiar with the pinyin and writing sytem and some basic vocabulares.
Learning humorous stories is an excellent way of learning daily language: the vocabularies in humorous story are among the most frequently used, colloquial words that appear at highest frequency in daily communication. The syntax in humorous stories utilizes the most commonly used grammar in Chinese language. Despite its accessibility and commonality, the entertaining, hilarious nature of humorous language makes the language impressive, skillful， (even comically artistic) and highly memorable, thus makes language learning process entertaining, easy and fast. This course chooses 20 hilarious humorous stories that covers a diverse realm of topics, daily situations, and therefore vocabulary range: family, love, marriage, school, law, army, sports, health and medicine, profession, archeology, travel, competition and contest, etc. You will find your daily spoken and written language progresses speedily after learning the course, soon being able to use the most common words and syntax to communicate in Chinese about comprehensive realms of daily life.
Each story is taught in two lectures: the first lecture is the text practice of the story. You will learn the vocabularies ranging from the elementary to the advanced intermediate level on the vocabulary list, learn the most commonly used grammar and Chinese syntax, listen to my explanation in English of the paragraph of the story phrase by phrase, sentence by sentence, so you thoroughly understand it. You will read after me the text twice sentence by sentence to ensure the accuracy of your pronunciation, and listen to my reading, and answer questions about the text orally before I provide each correct answer. The second lecture is an acting video of the humorous story, you will listen to my vivid story telling, my emphatic tone and performance will make you memorize the language more and help you to review the story, and you will tell the story yourself after you are sufficiently familiar with the language.
Now choose this course and see your daily Chinese language soar with your acquisition of the most commonly used Chinese vocabularies and grammar---amid bursting laughter and in a refreshed, happy mood.
- All levels of Chinese students, preferably those having taken my College Mandarin Chinese on Your Own Beginning Level