Chinese Calligraphy for beginners (English explanation)
What you'll learn
- Have basic knowledge about Chinese calligraphy
- Know the right feeling of practicing Chinese calligraphy
- No Chinese language knowledge required
- 3 tools required : Chinese calligraphy brush máobǐ，calligraphy ink mò，Chinese calligraphy paper xuānzhǐ
Chinese calligraphy is a kind of art based on Chinese characters. How should we learn Chinese calligraphy? What's the right method to learn Chinese calligraphy? These are what this course focus on. We‘ll start from our calligraphy learning from the very basic knowledge, then gradually move to more complicated things. From one stroke to more stokes, from simple characters to compound characters. You will also know some Chinese culture in this lesson.
This course includes about 30 videos.
Last but not least, a continuation of this course "The Beauty of Symmetry in Chinese Calligraphy（English) " was published in June, 2020.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn Chinese calligraphy
- Anyone who wants to experience Chinese culture
- Anyone who wants to have some basic knowledge about Chinese calligraphy and writing
My name is Becky. I've been teaching for 13 years, I would like to share with you more about Chinese calligraphy and painting!
Chinese calligraphy and painting are a combination of Chinese brush writing skills and artistic conception, which covers Chinese history, philosophy, life, and beauty appreciation. With natural writing materials, Yin and Yang traditional philosophy, it's a way to show up the writer's inner culture.
Learning Chinese calligraphy and painting helps us to learn more about our culture and ourselves. Hope my courses can help you to explore more into this old art and the mindset it is based on.
Please visit my blog for more information about Chinese calligraphy and painting.