Childbirth Preparation: A Complete Guide for Pregnant Women
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 26 articles
- 33 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop and maintain optimal mental, emotional and physical health throughout pregnancy.
- Create a healthy and happy childbirth experience.
- Feel empowered to advocate for your needs during pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood.
- Prepare your home for a new baby.
- Be equipped to care for the physical and emotional needs of your baby and self.
- Being pregnant, or hoping to become pregnant.
This course is for any pregnant woman who wishes to have a joyful pregnancy, healthy and happy childbirth experience and blissful entry into motherhood. You will receive all the guidance provided in a traditional childbirth preparation course, with the added benefit of deep mind-body-spirit work rarely found in traditional classes, in addition to candid tales from my own birth-related experiences and those of my client's.
Together we’ll travel though the four trimesters (the 4th trimester being the first three months of baby’s life out of the womb), exploring strategies for moving through the challenges, savoring the pleasures and answering the questions brought on by the powerful transformations you're moving through. (Please note that you can begin this course during any phase of pregnancy.)
Throughout this course you'll receive clear information and empathetic support via video, slideshows, relaxation recordings and checklists all created with the purpose of infusing your journey through pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood with enhanced calm and clarity.
During this course, you will…
◦ Learn to create optimal health through exercise and nutrition
◦ Learn to select your ideal care provider
◦ Learn to produce your birth preferences
◦ Learn to fine tune your mama intuition
◦ Learn to release your fears and doubts surrounding childbirth and beyond
◦ Learn to strengthen your mind-body connection with self-hypnosis
◦ Learn to manage special circumstances
◦ Learn to prepare your home for motherhood
◦ Learn to create your ideal birth sanctuary
◦ Learn to comfortably move through the common phases of labor and delivery
◦ Learn to utilize optimal birth positions
◦ Learn to practice effective relaxation techniques (e.g., massage, pressure points, etc.)
◦ Learn to release endorphins via breath work
◦ Learn to prepare for breastfeeding
◦ Learn to deeply bond with your baby
◦ Learn best practices to care for your body, and your baby’s body, in the weeks after birth
◦ And much more!
By the end of this course you'll feel fully prepared and empowered to move through childbirth, and enter motherhood, with solid courage, well-rounded knowledge and a hearty sense of excitement.
*The ideal companion for this course is the book Feng Shui Mommy: Creating Balance and Harmony for Blissful Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Motherhood
*You can begin this course during any phase of your pregnancy.
Total length of course: 5 hours
Course includes twenty 15-minute relaxation recordings
- Women who wish to release their fears of childbirth and line their path to motherhood with preparedness, joy and confidence.
- Learn who this course is for.
- Discover what you'll learn throughout the course.
- Get to know the instructor.
- Ignite a sense of pride and excitement for your commitment to fully prepare for childbirth and motherhood.
Discover how our foremothers used the following practices to create optimal birth experiences:
•Spiritual Intention & Introspection
•Honing the Intuition
•Uplifting Story Telling
•Why you should practice kegels daily
•How to fit in exercise
•Why you should do what you like, and do what you did
•How to train your endorphins to flow
Learn how to get out of the cycle of fear creating tension, tension creating pain, and pain creating more fear.
Practice the step-by-step process of discovering what you're afraid of, the emotions and physical sensations attached to those fears, and how to release them.
Learn how to...
- Create simple and effective storage solutions for the bedroom or nursery.
- Develop zones which facilitate the specific activities that take place in that area (e.g., sleeping, creativity, dressing, baby, etc.)
- Arrange your furniture in the most functional and pleasing manner.
Learn how to...
- Enhance the vibe of sensuality in your bedroom (when it's needed!)
- Know what to leave out of your bedroom.
- Introduce calming colors into your "Zen Zone."
- Select images for display that will evoke the specific energy you desire in your bedroom.
- Maintain all the calming goodness.
- Discover how to set a tone of unity when presenting your birth preferences.
- Learn birth preference options for the beginning of labor.
- Learn birth preference options for the thinning and opening phase of labor.
•Learn why the term “Complication” is more threatening to your mind-body connection than the term “Special Circumstance”
•Discover strategies for reconciling with an unplanned pregnancy.
•Learn what Gestational Diabetes is, how you'll be tested for it, and how to minimize your chances of developing it.
•Practice moving through any special circumstances you may face with the "Love Yourself" meditation and exercise.
•Learn what Group B Strep is, how you'll be tested for it, and how to minimize your chances of developing it.
•Learn what Premature Birth is, how to move through it if it becomes part of your experience, and how to minimize your chances of your baby being born before 37 weeks gestation.
•Learn what Preeclampsia is, how you'll be tested for it, and how to minimize your chances of developing it.
•Learn what the term "Breech Baby" means, and options for turning a breech baby.
Discover what hypnosis is and is not, and how it can enhance your journey into motherhood.
- Learn what a birth doula is and does, and whether you want to hire one.
- Learn what a postpartum doula is and does, and whether you want to hire one.
- Learn how water can benefit your birth, and considerations for a water birth.
- Discover how and why to adjust the sights, sounds, smells, textures, and tastes in your birth environment.
Learn common physical and emotional symptoms you may move through as baby makes their final decent and emerges- and how to soothe many of the symptoms.
Discover how to utilize gravity, and the position of your body during birth, to quicken the process, ensure baby is in the ideal position for emergence and enhance your comfort.
- Why it's important to tune into the positions that feel best for you- and why you should practice during pregnancy.
- Why squatting and swirling are so effective.
- Alternative positions if you're not into squatting.
- How to best utilize a birth ball.
Discover the benefits of light touch massage, how to teach it to your birth companion, and how they can utilize it during birth to encourage your endorphins (natural pain relievers) to flow.
Discover how to reset and harmonize chaotic energy running through channels in your body by working with specific pain-relieving pressure points.