Childbirth and Postpartum: The New Dad's Guide
What you'll learn
- Create the perfect environment for birth, so her labor will be easier.
- Help her relax instantly, so her labor will be more comfortable.
- Help her to feel profoundly safe and cared for, so her labor will be more efficient.
- Set yourselves up for an easy, joyful postpartum.
- Communicate in a way that helps you grow closer and more intimate as a couple.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
You’re going to be a dad! Congratulations!
Now what? You want to be helpful and involved, but you aren’t sure how.
It’s easier than you think! This course breaks it down for you. From pregnancy, through birth and postpartum, you’ll learn what a woman wants and needs from her partner:
- Techniques to practice and enjoy during pregnancy for an easier birth;
- Strategies and tools for the birth room to keep her feeling comfortable and protected;
- How to set yourselves up for a gentle, joyful postpartum;
- How to re-establish intimacy after baby;
- How to relax and enjoy the ride through it all.
Specifically, you’ll learn:
- Relaxation techniques that make her instantly more comfortable during labor;
- Fun, easy massage that turns on her endorphins, so she feels good, anytime, anywhere;
- How to “set the mood” for optimal sex-hormone release during birth;
- Why – this once – you should do all the talking;
- What you all really need postpartum and how to get it;
- "Magic words" that bring you close again after baby (and ever after).
What does this course include?
- Two hours of video lessons;
- Lecture notes for a succinct summary of the video content;
- Quizzes to make sure you understood the key points;
- Action plans for each section to help you make use of the material;
- An engaged, experienced instructor who will answer your questions.
- What are the requirements? You’ll need only an internet connection and a speaker or headphones.
Who this course is for:
- This is an introductory course for first-time expectant dads and dads who'd like to do better the second time.
Allison Mecham Evans, M.A., is a childbirth educator (9 years), certified life coach (5 years), creator of the Becoming A Mother prenatal program, and mother of two. She's helped hundreds of couples in the UK, Japan and US have healthy, satisfying births; provided continuing education for credit to hospital-based nurses and midwives, and her writing has been featured in the online magazine elephant journal. She publishes a blog on current issues, research, and trends in birth and parenting.