Chess University's Intro To Chess Crash Course
- No prior knowledge of chess is required to take this course. Beginners who know all the rules and basics may skip the first 10 video lessons.
Chess University's Intro To Chess Crash Course offers comprehensive instruction for beginners, including first-time players, who want to learn chess. This course caters to players of all ages whose chess strength is below the rating of 900 Elo (novices and beginners) and is completely free.
The Intro To Chess Crash Course includes:
- 20 video lessons that cover all the rules, basic principles, strategy, tactics, fundamental endgames, etc.
- 70 exercises to solve and the associated solution sets
- Tips and general information about chess
Meet The Chess University Instructors:
- Kairav Joshi - Founder and CEO, #1-selling online chess coach, creator of the Prodigy Program, and entrepreneur
- Dalton Perrine - Director of Instruction and Scholastic Chess, FIDE Chess Master
- Arne Jochens - Director of Content and HR, FIDE Chess Master, Ph.D in Statistical Genetics
- Kostya Kavutskiy - Director of Operations and PR, International Master
Who this course is for:
- Chess University's Intro To Crash Course is suitable for beginners of all ages below the 900 Elo rating level, including first-time chess players.
- 00:01Course Syllabus
- 00:02Course Checklist
- 03:17Video #1 - Introduction to Chess - Kairav Joshi
- 13:07Video #2 - The Board and Pieces - Arne Jochens
- 17:44Video #3 - Kings and Rooks - Dalton Perrine
- 25:20Video #4 - Bishops and Queens - Kairav Joshi
- 10:09Video #5 - Knights - Arne Jochens
- 11:21Video #6 - Pawns - Dalton Perrine
- 15:50Video #7 - Special Rules - Dalton Perrine
- 10:59Video #8 - Quiz 1 - Arne Jochens
- 11:16Video #9 - Quiz 2 - Arne Jochens
- 11:51Video #10 - Chess Notation - Kostya Kavutskiy
- 17:42Video #11 - Winning and Drawing - Dalton Perrine
- 11:15Video #12 - Types of Advantages - Dalton Perrine
- 16:08Video #13 - Logical Thinking - Arne Jochens
- 16:37Video #14 - Tactics - Arne Jochens
- 11:38Video #15 - Chess Vocabulary - Dalton Perrine
- 14:31Video #16 - Concepts and Ideas - Dalton Perrine
- 22:24Video #17 - Endgame Checkmates - Kairav Joshi
- 34:32Video #18 - Checkmate Puzzles - Kostya Kavutskiy
- 22:45Video #19 - Phases of the Game - Kostya Kavutskiy
- 04:31Video #20 - Next Steps For Improvement - Kairav Joshi
Chess University, Inc. is the world’s foremost online chess academy with over 30,000 members. We offer online chess lessons, chess camps, single-day seminars, chess-in-schools programs, simultaneous exhibitions with grandmasters, and comprehensive online courses such as the Prodigy Program. Our ensemble team of instructors includes the world’s greatest chess players and coaches such as five-time World Champion Viswanathan Anand and world's best-selling online chess coach Kairav Joshi.
Our courses on Udemy will be taught by Kairav Joshi, FIDE-Master Dalton Perrine, FIDE-Master Arne Jochens, and International Master Kostya Kavutskiy, all renown online chess instructors.