Chess Openings - Essentials Training Course
What you'll learn
- Clearly identify the opening stage
- Apply opening principles to improve your play
- Reduce by half the time spent playing the opening stage
- Achieve much better middlegame positions, enabling you to win more games
- Know when to break opening principles
- Exactly know what to play against your opponent's moves, even against those that you are not familiar with
- Dominate opening sacrifices
- Know the chess rules
Hi, my name is Manuel Ocantos. I am a chess player, top ten of the country that I represent (Luxembourg).
Are you having problems with the first moves of your games? This course will allow you to dominate chess openings.
In this course I will teach you everything you need to know to play the first 10-15 moves of a game
against any move that your opponent plays. You will learn how to apply principles so you'll understand
what you will be doing in your games. You won't have to memorize hundreds of lines to play the opening well.
This course is for beginners. You do not need any previous knowledge about chess besides knowing the rules.
For your convenience the squares of the board are marked to help you if you're not familiar with chess notation.
You will learn the fundamental chess principles but more importantly when those principles can be broken.
Throughout the course you will be testing your skills. There are activity files to download so that you can take your time and analyze the positions that I give to solve.
If you are tired of getting bad positions in your games or intimidated by your opponent's confident play
together we'll learn how to improve at this fascinating game.
Who this course is for:
- Chess players who do not know what to play on the first moves of a game
- Players who do not know what to reply when the opponent makes an unfamiliar move or plays quickly in the opening
- Players who spend too much time thinking about what they should play in the opening and end up with a significant time disadvantage that will cost them the game
Interacting with people around the world is what I enjoy the most because in addition to learning a lot and sharing my experiences that's where I feel that we all belong to one single community.
I've spent several years in the online teaching world, refining how I work and trying to understand the changing needs of this place, which I see as the future of education.
I live together with my lovely girlfriend Gisele who is an inspiration for me to work harder each day.
Being a top ten player of the country that I represent (Luxembourg) and living in South America, has put me in contact with players from different backgrounds and playing styles.
I have been studying chess for 25+ years. From the moment that I got my first book I knew that I would love the game forever. I know that the road to improvement can be hard. I've been there. But my goal is to make this road enjoyable and smarter.
Now my focus is on Udemy. I want to share my passion for the game of chess and teach everything that I learn as an eternal student of the game and an international player.
Productivity and Time Management
I have always been passionate about time management since it affects many areas of our life. I also work on several activities that are very different from one another, so planning how to handle my time and days is something that I don’t take lightly.
Therefore, I am happy to share with you everything that has worked well for me over the years to be able to manage my tasks efficiently