The course is created with the intent of enabling an absolute beginner to learn the game in a very structured manner and be able to reach a level of tournament participation at the completion of the course. Ideal for beginners aged 5 years onwards and expects parental participation.
At the end of the course, students would be familiar with:
1. Introduction to chess board and arranging the pieces
2. Introduction to pieces, their value and movements
3. Check, checkmate and stalemate
4. Special moves - Castling, Pawn promotion ( Queening and underpromotion), En Passant
5. Introduction to basic tactical themes like pin, fork, skewer, double attack, back rank mate, discovered attack, Destroying the defender, Mate in one
6. Basic opening tips. Standard tricks and traps !!
7. Basic ending techniques. Checkmate with queen and Rook
8. Basic introduction to FIDE tournament rules
9. Expert tips on self study and self improvement
1. Learn the basics of the game in structured manner.
2. Focus of developing a method of thinking in the beginner. Give the right beginning to your young genius.
3. Learn at the comfort of your home. Only requirement is a broadband connection.
4. Pace yourself at your own comfort level.
5. Learn at a comfortable time of your choosing.
6. Ideal for students not able to attend a live class due to time/ logistics concerns or unable to find a professional coach.