Chess for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Learn the basics of the game in structured manner.
- Focus of developing a method of thinking in the beginner. Give the right beginning to your young genius.
- Pace yourself at your own comfort level.
- Ideal for students not able to attend a live class due to time/ logistics concerns or unable to find a professional coach.
- Only requirement is a broadband connection.
- Would be have nice to have a chess board/chess software to practice
The course is created with the intent of enabling an absolute beginner to learn the game in a very structured manner and be able to reach a level of tournament participation at the completion of the course. Ideal for beginners aged 5 years onwards and expects parental participation.
At the end of the course, students would be familiar with:
1. Introduction to chess board and arranging the pieces
2. Introduction to pieces, their value and movements
3. Check, checkmate and stalemate
4. Special moves - Castling, Pawn promotion ( Queening and underpromotion), En Passant
5. Introduction to basic tactical themes like pin, fork, skewer, double attack, back rank mate, discovered attack, Destroying the defender, Mate in one
6. Basic opening tips. Standard tricks and traps !!
7. Basic ending techniques. Checkmate with queen and Rook
8. Basic introduction to FIDE tournament rules
9. Expert tips on self study and self improvement
1. Learn the basics of the game in structured manner.
2. Focus of developing a method of thinking in the beginner. Give the right beginning to your young genius.
3. Learn at the comfort of your home. Only requirement is a broadband connection.
4. Pace yourself at your own comfort level.
5. Learn at a comfortable time of your choosing.
6. Ideal for students not able to attend a live class due to time/ logistics concerns or unable to find a professional coach.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for the absolute beginner
- This course can also be taken by students who know chess but need to understand the basic tactics involved in the game
FIDE Master and FIDE Trainer Vedant Goswami is an international Chess player and coach with more than 20 years of playing and training experience. Vedant heads the Bangalore Chess Academy and has trained more 2000 students till date since its establishment in 2005. More than 100 students have gone on to achieve International FIDE Rating and many more particpate in state and national level events.
Vedant has participated in more than 250 tournaments from the district to the International level and achieved a highest FIDE rating of 2317.