Chemistry 101 - Part 3 Organic and Physical Chemistry
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course you will have received a thorough preparation in the principles of Chemistry. If you follow the course carefully the you should be looking forward to studying for your very first Chemistry exam - it's entirely up to you!
- There are no essential course requirements, just a desire to learn more about Chemistry and a willingness to make the necessary effort!
This course is the third part of a comprehensive introduction to Chemistry, covering everything you will need to know as you prepare for possible future exams. It doesn't matter how much, or how little, prior knowledge of Chemistry you've got as this course will take you through all the necessary stages.
Who this course is for:
- students who wish to follow a career in the sciences or medicine and who require really clear chemistry instruction
- students who may already be following a course but who need additional support in order to successfully progress
- anybody with a genuine interest in learning about the first principles of Chemistry!
I have been a teacher in the UK for nearly 30 years, and am currently the Director of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) at a large comprehensive school in East Sussex. To bore you with the qualifications, I have a Joint Honours Degree in Botany and Zoology from University College, Cardiff, and a PhD in Biological Sciences from the University of East Anglia. I was also one of the first Advanced Skills Teachers in the South East of England.
I am a passionate believer in life-long learning, and I will do whatever I can to encourage learning for all ages. Using videos to enhance learning has great potential, and I try to exploit this through my websites.
On a personal level I am married to a primary school headteacher, and we have two grown-up daughters. When not creating videos or teaching I relax (!) by working out at the gym, watching rugby and football, and doing a little work around the garden.