Chemical Safety; Safely Working with Chemicals @ Work & Home
What you'll learn
- Recognize chemical hazards & safely work with them
- Reduce and even eliminate chemical hazards
- How to read & understand container labels & Safety Data Sheets
- Know what is required to respond if an incident occurs
- Understand GHS, United Nations Globally Harmonized System of chemical safety
- Know the OSHA regulation well enough to avoid violations and where to learn more
- The foundation to understand your country's regulation if you are not under U.S. jurisdiction
- Recognize when you need additional training
- None. The course provides you all the background you should need and resources for further information
This course covers chemical safety for work and home. This includes the hazards, prevention, emergency response, how to recognize and understand chemical labels and information forms called Safety Data Sheets (SDS). The course will guide you through the the basics to more advance parts of chemical safety while covering U.S. regulation and the United Nations Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals.
This course also provides workplace training requirements for U.S. OSHA Hazard Communication; all minus your firms specific parts, of which these requirements are are outlined within the course. For those not under U.S. jurisdiction, it provides a great foundation to understand your country’s workplace regulations.
Who this course is for:
- Those who work with and near chemicals or are about to
- Those concerned and want to learn the hazards and symptioms of chemical exposure
- Those who are tasked to train and oversee others on chmical safety
- Those who want to expand their knowledge with chemical safety and GHS
A professionally certified twenty-five year veteran of Occupational Health & Safety, from Safety & Environmental Specialist and Trainer & Developer to Corporate Environmental Health & Safety Director. A former tradesman prior to returning to complete three degrees. Training and experience also includes being a frontline supervisor and production business unit manager while completing hundreds of seminars and workshops mostly in Safety & Health.
Joe has extensive international travel and a current resident of Taiwan for the better part of the past five years. Posses a unique perspective as a born and raised American who has spent over five years in Asia including almost one year in China with the general populaiton as a non-tourist over the past twelve years. He knows and understands China's people and culture.
Whether on the front line or in the corporate office I have always had a passion to help people from getting injured or sick.