Chemical Equilibrium: Kc, Kp, Le Chatelier's Principle
What you'll learn
- students taking A Level Chemistry (syllabus 9729)
- chemical equilibrium
- reversible reaction and dynamic equilibrium
- equilibrium constants Kc and Kp
- calculations involving Kc and Kp
- Le Chatelier's Principle and its application
- Gibbs Free Energy and equilibrium constant
- Haber Process
- O level chemistry
- Chemical energetics
- Gas law (ideal gas equation)
- mole concept
- algebra and solving algebraic equations
In H2 A Level Chemistry Chemical equilibrium chapter, students look at reversible reactions in a quantitative and qualitative manner. In this course, I break down the chapter into small sections, and go through the concepts in detail. We will also go through examples and questions together, so that by the end of the course, you would have mastered what's tested in A Level Chemical Equilibrium.
In this course, we talk about:
- What is reversible reaction
- How dynamic equilibrium is related to reversible reaction, and when it is reached.
- Equilibrium constant in terms of concentration (Kc)
- Finding an expression for Kc and its units
- Calculations involving Kc
- Equilibrium constant in terms of partial pressure (Kp)
- Finding an expression for Kp and its units
- Calculations involving Kp
- Le Chatelier's principle
- Applying Le Chatelier's principle to various scenarios (e.g. change in concentration, pressure, temperature, addition of catalyst, etc.)
- Gibbs Free Energy and its relation to equilibrium constant
- Haber process
This is the course that I conduct in my face-to-face tuition lessons. The complete course usually takes multiple 2- hour lessons. But now, you can build up your chemical equilibrium foundation anytime, anywhere, at your own pace, and watch it any number of times you like.
What are you waiting for?
Who this course is for:
- students taking A Level Chemistry
- A Level (H2) Chemistry students
- students taking A level chemistry in Singapore
Hi! I am Emily Wong, founder of Emily Learning.
I love Math, Chemistry and Physics, and I have been teaching Math, Chemistry and Physics and O and A levels for more than a decade and counting. Revise, or learn a topic from Math, Chemistry and Physics from my courses.
I'll see you inside the course.