Learn the entire A Level Chemical Energetics (with a focus on ∆H, ∆S, and ∆G). This course is written based on the Singapore A Level Chemistry syllabus (9729).
In this course, we will cover:
Enthalpy change (∆H)
- Definition of the various enthalpy changes (i.e. combustion, reaction, formation, neutralisation, atomisation, hydration, solution)
- Lattice energy
- Bond energy and bond dissociation energy
- Using bond energy values to calculate the enthalpy change
- Hess Law
- Drawing of energy cycles to calculate unknown enthalpy changes
- Drawing energy level diagrams
- Drawing Bond Haber Cycle and applying it to questions involving lattice energy
- How to find enthalpy change experimentally, and how to use data from experiments to find an unknown enthalpy change (∆H).
Entropy change (∆S)
- What affects entropy change
- Predicting if a change results in an increase or decrease in entropy
Gibbs Free Energy change (∆G)
- What is Gibbs Free Energy change, and calculating Gibbs Free Energy
- How Gibbs Free Energy is related to enthalpy change, entropy change and temperature
- Predicting whether the reaction is spontaneous or not using Gibbs Free Energy change
- limitations of using Gibbs Free Energy change to predict reaction
This is the course that I conduct in my face-to-face tuition lessons. The complete course usually takes multiple 2- hour lessons. But now, you can learn the entire chemical energetics anytime, anywhere, at your own pace, and watch it any number of times you like.
What are you waiting for?