Cooking 101: Kitchen Basics to Advanced
What you'll learn
- After completing, you will have a much better understanding of Cooking and the Ingredients
- You will learn how to make Stocks, Soups, Emulsifications. How to fix a Split Dressing. Introduction to Butchering. What are Spices and Herbs?
- We will go over what materials you really need to start cooking at home and the basics on how to use a knife and Much More!
- With almost 5 hours of course material you will be much more confident in the Kitchen
- This course is designed for any individual wishing to learn how to cook better at home.
- Learn online from any device, including your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- I have included a list of basic materials that you will need to work with me in the course if you wish to cook at home.
This course is designed to help improve one's ability in the kitchen, whether you have little to no skill or years of cooking professionally.
What will you learn?
What Materials You Will Need
How to Hold and Sharpen a Knife
How to Make Soups
How to Butcher
What are Spices and Herbs?
Cooking Terminology and Practices
Making Stocks at Home
Introduction to Salad Dressings and Emulsifications
How to Fix a Split Dressing.
The Basics to cooking Meat
How Many Ways to Cook an Egg
How to Sear a Fish
And Much More!
With almost 5 hours of lessons, you will have the ability to cook fish, make emulsifications, show you how to Save Money when cooking at home.
Plus, any extra help that you may need, I would be more than happy to help you.
As I have helped many aspiring Chefs in many different countries with my career cooking internationally. If you are interested in learning more than just the basics of cooking, then this Course is for You!
I will attach several recipes with these lessons for the Stocks, Sauces, Dressings, Egg dishes, etc. I will also give you other videos that you may be interested in from my Youtube Channel. If you wish to make many more Delicious Recipes!
Who this course is for:
- People who wish to improve their cooking
- Anyone interested in Cooking
- Beginner Chefs
4 Countries - 2 Continents - 2 Award-Winning Restaurants
Hi, I’m Chef James Makinson
I have been cooking professionally for almost 2 decades, I started in our family-run restaurant in Friday Harbor, Washington. I learned how to cook from my father, who used to be an Executive Chef for over 40 years. I have cooked in many places in the US and Europe.
Including places such as Berners Tavern (The London Edition.) Hotel Arts Barcelona (The Ritz Carlton.) Spain, and La Rotonde (Casino Le Lyon Vert.) Lyon, France. I have trained under Michelin Star Chefs: Chef Jason Atherton, Chef Phil Carmichael, Chef Jean-François Malle, and Chef Antonio Saez.
I enjoy teaching and would like to help others learn the secrets of what we Chefs know and to make it enjoyable!