Cheesecake for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Successfully make a cheesecake that has a desirable taste, texture, and visual appeal.
- Understand how to use the base cheesecake recipe to create a multitude of variations.
- Make different types of crust for cheesecakes.
- Discover how to successfully use ricotta, another type of soft cheese, in cheesecakes.
- Make a simple whipped cream, perfect for topping any cheesecake.
- Carefully slice and serve cheesecake for maximum appeal.
- Understand the necessary tools and processes to make the best cheesecakes from scratch!
- An electric mixer will be useful in completing all of the techniques in this course.
- A springform pan will be necessary to bake the cheesecakes in the course.
- No prior cheesecake baking knowledge required.
- Other common kitchen smallwares. Equipment and supplies list included with the course.
Who doesn't LOVE cheesecake? I don't know anybody in that category!
Cheesecakes are probably the most popular dessert being featured on almost every restaurant menu. Think about it. Whenever you finish your meal and you go for the dessert menu, there is typically at least one cheesecake option with some kind of fruit, chocolate, or caramel sauce. Why is it so common? Because it's rich, with an undeniably pleasant texture, and it's versatile. In this course, you will learn how to make the perfect basic cheesecake.
Once you learn the base recipe, you can then alter it to create a multitude of cheesecake flavors. I'll walk you through...
Chocolate cheesecake with a chocolate cookie crust
Raspberry swirl cheesecake with a lemon cookie crust
Ricotta Amaretto cheesecake in a Pate Sucree crust
The course starts with the basics and adds on skills that have already been learned. You will see how to make small changes to the base recipe to achieve any flavor. Also, you will be capable of making cheesecakes with multiple flavors and components. You can learn the equipment that you need as well as the techniques necessary to create the most desirable cheesecakes.
Not only will you learn all about cheesecake, but I also share my quick whipped cream. Perfect for topping any slice! Finally, the most important part...how to slice and plate the perfect piece!
This course includes an equipment and recipe guide that you can download and print to follow along. Personalized support is also included...just send me a message! All of the lessons are filmed up-close which is perfect if you're learning on a phone or other small device.
Are you ready to master this popular and delicious dessert? Let's get started! See you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- Those who wish to master the cheesecake.
- Complete beginners who feel that cheesecakes are "too complicated" to make.
- Anyone who has struggled with their cheesecakes in the past and wants to know what went wrong.
- Bakery business owners looking to add cheesecakes to their menu.
- Someone who feels that homemade is always better than store bought.
Food is the thing that connects us all. From the people who painstakingly grow our food to the hard workers that prepare the food to the billions of people that consume it. Whether we realize it or not, aside from all of our differences, it's what makes us all the same in some way. We need it for survival, use it for an income, and love it for all of it's nourishment and joy, Making food for other people has always been, and will always be, a great passion and source of fulfillment for me. I love what it represents in its entirety and I also love the simple fact that I can make someone smile just by handing them a slice of cake.
I’m a professional kitchen veteran turned enthusiastic teacher. After 15 years of hard work in restaurants and bakeries, I pursued my passion for education.
With no knowledge about cameras or video editing, I embarked on a 3 year journey to build an online business that has served over 30,000 students worldwide.
Along with my career change came major lifestyle changes and an increased awareness for global impact. What started out as a few online courses in baking and pastry has now grown into more earth friendly baking tutorials that are accessible to an even greater number of students.
My goal is to offer an accessible pastry education that is framed around the ethics of equality and sustainability.