Check Point Getting Started - R80.40
- Basic networking knowledge
The course is the introduction to the Check Point technology.
You will learn about the core products and will be shown how to build a lab from scratch in the virtual environment.
The course contains two sections
Introduction to the Check Point technology
(In this section we talk about what is Check Point, what are the main features of the vendor, how it can be implemented in the world of cyber-security)
Building a lab from Scratch
(A step-by-step walk-through of Check Point firewall installation in the lab environment. It includes getting an ISO file, licensing, choosing proper configuration in VMware workstation, static routing, core things in Check point ecosystem to get the engine going)
- Beginner Check Point engineers
- Security enthusiasts who want to expand their knowledge
- What is Check Point?09:59
- Introduction to Check Point Technology16:43
- Check Point Architecture05:13
- Getting ISO05:55
- Checking minimal System Requirements03:25
- Toplogy for the LAB03:42
- Creating a virtual machine08:32
- Installing Gaia OS06:01
- First-Time Configuration wizard (part1)12:27
- First-Time Configuration wizard (part2)07:14
- Web Interface Overview05:57
- Installing SmartConsole02:44
- SmartConsole Overview10:18
- Getting a License04:46
- Deploying a License02:54
- Creating a windows machine and routing it thru CP12:23
- Bonus lecture00:07
Highly trained in the Information Security field. I've got a passion for IT and teaching. I'm CCSM and CCNP Security certified and went through all the milestones in learning the product from scratch.
I have worked as a technical support engineer for Check Point software technologies. Fixed over 5000 issues related to Check Point products=)
As of now, I conduct seminars and webinars, educate partners and help to understand the technical advantages of Check Point products.
I want to use my experience and enthusiasm in the field of IT to help, educate and enlighten.