Create a Chatbot for Facebook Messenger with Laravel and PHP
What you'll learn
- Develop your own keyword-based chatbots for Facebook Messenger
- Use Laravel to your advantage to create chatbots quickly
- Use PHP to communicate with the Twitter REST API
- You should be able to understand and write simple PHP code
- You should have a text editor like Sublime Text 2 and a working version of PHP on your computer
- You should understand the principles of Model View Controller frameworks like Laravel
At the end of this course, you will be able to create your own keyword based chatbots for Facebook Messenger!
Since Facebook Messenger opened their platform for chatbots, many people believe these conversational bots are among the next big things to change how people interact with technology. But how do you build a chatbot? Welcome to Chatbot Academy.
Together, we will build a chatbot called "Twitter Trending Chatbot" that returns currently trending topics for a location the user wants. We will do this step by step with a PHP framework called Laravel, which makes it very easy to prototype and develop your first bot.
In this hands-on course, you will learn:
- How to use Laravel for PHP to create a new chatbot project
- How to create a Facebook app and receive messages
- How to send messages based on a user's input
- How to respond to keywords with real-time data
- How to upload and publish your bot
This course is designed for:
- Developers and marketers with some experience with PHP
- People who have heard of MVC frameworks like Laravel before
- People who are excited about learning something new :)
Topics that are not part of this course (yet):
- Natural Language Processing (for beginners, keyword based solutions are enough to play with)
- Artificial Intelligence (we are going to create a rules based chatbot)
- Other platforms like Kik, Telegram, or Slack
Are you ready to build your first bot?
Then sign up now and join Chatbot Academy. It's a lot of fun, we promise :).
Emoji provided free by.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for developers and marketers who want to learn how to create simple chatbots
Our goal at Chatbot Academy is to help as many people as possible to develop great conversational products and chatbots. We believe that voice and text as user interfaces are becoming more important, as we can see with emerging platforms like Facebook Messenger and Amazon Alexa.
My name is Jan, and I co-founded Chatbot Academy together with my friend Alex Swetlow. I have more than 5 years experience in product management and product marketing, and previously founded HashtagNow, a social news startup. I studied Industrial Engineering and Management at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) and UMass Amherst, and lived and worked in New York City and Berlin.
I love exploring new opportunities at the intersection of technology, design, and psychology. If you're as excited about this space as I am, please reach out or join one of the courses below. See you soon! :)