Character Design for Beginners - Create Your First Character
What you'll learn
- Basics of digital illustration
- Come up with your own characters
- Able to set mood with light and shadow
- Create powerful silhouettes
- Add eye catching features
- Use harmonious colors
- Create balanced design and great compositions
- Process of Character illustration and a Professional approach for creative projects
- Color and Composition Thumbnailing
- Have an iPad with Procreate installed on it
- Basic understanding of Procreate
Welcome to the Welcome to the Character Design for Beginners - Create Your First Character class!
Throughout this class I will carefully guide you through a 15 step process which will take you from an empty page to a full illustration like the one you can see on the course image.
In this class you will learn strategies and skills you can apply to your own illustration practice:
- You will be able to come up with your own characters.
- You will be able to create powerful silhouettes.
- You will be able to add eye catching features.
- You will be able to use harmonious colors.
- You will be able to create balanced design and great compositions.
- You will be able to set mood with light and shadow.
and most importantly, you will be able to tell a story.
Because what is illustration about? Storytelling.
In this class, as I am going to use the iPad Pro and Procreate, it is recommended to have these tools and have a basic knowledge of the program, however comment on everything and leave detailed notes so that you can work along with me easily. You can also use different programs, like Photoshop, but then you will need to adjust the steps for yourself.
Regarding the artistic background, this course is perfect for beginners. So if you are at the beginning of your illustration journey, you are at the right place either you are willing to take this as a professional path or if you are taking it as a hobby.
The skills you will learn in this course will open so many doors for you, not just by leveling up your technical skills, but by changing your mindset about approaching a project.
So, hopefully after this course, there will be no stress and unnecessary procrastination about an artwork you need to create for somebody, or for any of your personal projects.
The best thing about this course is that by the end of it, you will be able to create a full illustration like this – how amazing is that!
So if you are ready to start, let’s get into it!
Level up your illustration game TODAY!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner illustrators who would love to learn digital illustration
- Beginner illustrators curious about character design
- Hobbyists looking for a new project
- Illustrators who are struggling to get work done
- Artists who don't know what to create
- Artists who would love to learn the illustration style presented in the course
Alexandra Gábor, THE ARTMOTHER, is a professional Art Teacher, Artist and Graphic Designer.
"I believe in creative and practical teaching and I am hoping for a school system which is enjoyable".
She has a Masters degree in Art Education and she is teaching since 2010. She also studied Art Therapy in Budapest. She is working on a methodological material and sharing her knowledge on international conferences about Collaborative Art Projects and Project Based Learning.
""Currently I work for a EU funded educational program, where I train teachers to teach creatively:) I am passionate about teaching Art. Art should be the part of everyone's life, so this is why I started to train teachers to use art in their teaching practice in any subject. I plan to do the same with parents.....doing art is just very important".
She has tons of experience in different fields of Art.
"I worked as a designer for an Italian fashion company and I have my own brand of toys and clothes, Lilipop".
Her mission is to make art education available for everyone.
" I hope, I can spread my knowledge, experience and enthusiasm in online courses and fulfill my dream of giving enjoyable, practical and quality education."