Changing colors - A Photo to Oil Painting Workshop
- Some very basic knowledge of art materials is good to have but not a must.
- You need interest in learning to paint.
Welcome to this Photo to Oil Painting Workshop! In it, I'll show you
- how to take a simple looking photo and find a pleasing composition in it,
- do a value study to get the shapes and values clarified
- choose a color scheme based on the mood you want the final painting to have
- adjust the drawing to accentuate the feel of the painting and
- finally, paint the scene with confidence that it will turn into a successful painting!
Come, join me in this adventure where I paint this painting and explain to you my process and thinking behind my brushstrokes!
See you in the class!
Who this course is for:
- Everyone interested in creating visual art
- Everyone interested in painting using oil colors
My name is Mandar Marathe and I am a Fine Artist, Sculptor, Illustrator, and Engineer based at Pune, India. I do paintings, sculptures, illustrations and conduct art workshops.
Though I have been creating art since childhood, I became a full-time artist in 2011 after 16 years of corporate career and practicing art primarily on weekends. Since then, I devote my full time to my passion of creating art. My paintings are in personal and corporate collections in more than 7 countries.
I also started teaching art in my studio workshops and online courses. In the last 7 years, 7500+ students have attended the same.
I have exhibited my paintings and sculptures in 5 solo and 6 group exhibitions in Goa and Pune, India.
Workshops and Online courses:
Conducted 100+ workshops in my studio, IT companies and schools in Pune & Mumbai and 2500+ people attended
Created 22 online courses and these have been taken by 5000+ people from 63+ countries
Corporate Collections of my paintings:
1. Siemens Ltd, Goa
2. L & T Infotech Ltd, Pune
3. Infosys BPO Ltd, Pune
Private Collections of my paintings:
Individuals in Greece, Nigeria, USA, India, UK, Ireland and Hong Kong.