CHANGE MANAGEMENT FOR ORGANIZATIONS: Drive Strategic Results
What you'll learn
- Build a common language & framework for the people side of change
- Structure your change project around 6 tried and true best practices
- Define the business case for change
- Align key leaders on the vision & their role as sponsors
- Maximize stakeholder engagement to reach business goals
- Assess the organizational culture & its impact on change
- Prepare the organization through communication, training & knowledge transfer
- The person taking this course will have a general interest in organizations, people in organizations & in how change takes place. Along with this & a desire to learn, nothing else is required.
- A skilled change manager also requires skills in collaboration, facilitation, communication & business acumen. Although it is not necessary to have these skills in order to take this course, they may be required to do the work effectively in an organization.
NASBA CPE accredited course
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
NASBA CPE credits: 2.0
Recommended NASBA field of study: Personnel/Human Resources
Program level: Basic
To earn NASBA CPE credits:
- Complete all videos
- Score 70% or higher on final exam
Glossary: Find PDF attached to the first lecture of this course.
Completion to obtain CPE should be accomplished a year after purchase date.
If you undertake this course for NASBA CPE credits, please complete the Self Study Course Evaluation.
If you are an individual contributor, a project manager, change manager, or an organizational leader, this unique course on managing change is for you! It will enable you to identify and manage the human aspects of implementing change. In addition, it will help you to transition people from the current to the future state to realize desired business objectives.
Why does managing change matter? Large-scale change constantly confronts leaders and managers as they plan and execute strategy in their organizations. What they need is a road map to manage the multi-faceted human aspects of change, helping them to transition critical stakeholders from Point A to B. Alignment between leaders and those impacted by change increases performance, reduces risk/cost and helps the team 'get the job done.'
What will you learn?
Create a change management road map to address the people side of change
Align key leaders on the vision/business case for change & their role as sponsors
Maximize employee engagement & adoption of change to reach business goals
Assess the organizational culture to foresee how it may assist or hinder the change
Prepare the organization through communication, training and knowledge transfer
Throughout the course, I will provide you with tools & templates for each step. You will come away from this course with a simple change management framework & a robust toolkit you can use on the next change project at your company.
For the last 20 years, I have designed & led change management initiatives in many Fortune 500 organizations across multiple industries. I work closely with senior leaders and their teams to initiate strategic change, nurture innovation & keep their organizations focused and aligned. In addition, I’ve had the opportunity to work with top thought leaders in change management across the United States. I’m excited to share with you some of what I have learned!
So let’s get started!
CPE (Continuing Professional Education)
List the key roles in driving change
List the 6 tried and true best practices for managing change
Define change management in the context of an organizational setting
Understand why it is important to manage change
Recognize the role and key accountabilities of sponsors
Define resistance to change in the context of an organizational change
Describe effective ways to manage resistance in stakeholders
Define what makes up organizational culture and its impact on change
Recognize the guiding principles for communications on a change project
Assess the resources that will be needed to drive a change project successfully
For more information regarding administrative policies, please contact our support using the Help and Support link at the bottom of this page.
Who this course is for:
- Individual contributor who is being asked to play a role on a change initiative
- Project manager who wants to understand how change management can support the success of his or her project
- Organizational development professional who would like to see a simple framework & related tools
- Business leader who wants to understand all the moving parts & particularly the key role of a sponsor
Vicki works with executives & their teams to initiate strategic change, nurture innovation & increase alignment to improve individual & organizational performance. She has 20 years experience designing & implementing strategic initiatives in change management, talent management, organization effectiveness & leadership acceleration. Vicki has served as Senior Director, Chief of Staff, Big 4 Senior Manager & Trusted Adviser for industry leaders in healthcare, technology, biotech/pharma, energy, the Armed Services, public sector & retail.