Chainmaille Jewelry Making GutsyGuide: Mastering the Basics
What you'll learn
- Demonstrate proficiency in all the chainmaille basics, including tools, terminology, methods and techniques
- Construct basic chains in multiple combinations and configurations
- Complete ten different projects using simple chains including necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, keychains, hath panjas, ankle bracelets and lariats
- Create your own gorgeous chainmaille designs using the techniques and styles in this course
- Adapt One Ring At A Time (ORAAT) weaving into Speedweaving
- The desire to learn chainmaille and have fun doing it
- Students will need to purchase certain tools and supplies. I've outlined everything you will need in the free preview.
This is a comprehensive, in-depth course with over 60 core lectures. If you're looking for a thorough foundation in the timeless art of chainmaille, this is the course for you. Absolutely no experience is necessary to succeed in this course! All you need are some tools, supplies and the desire to become a proficient chainmailler!
In this course, you will:
- Learn about jump rings, tools, metals, aspect ratio and basic techniques.
- Construct seven different types of chain with multiple variations of each.
- Practice One-Ring-At-A-Time (ORAAT) Weaving and Speedweaving
- Follow detailed, step-by-step instructions to create ten of my original designs using only the simplest of weaves.
This course provides material that is targeted to all types of learners. Whether you learn best by seeing, hearing, reading or doing, this GutsyGuide presents concepts and examples in ways that will make sense to you.
- 3 pairs of earrings
- 1 ankle bracelet
- 1 keychain
- 1 ring
- 1 bracelet
- 1 necklace (with a bonus project of matching earrings)
- 1 lariat necklace
- 1 hath panja (with a bonus conversion to a barefoot sandal)
Once you purchase this course, you are welcome to reproduce any of the projects to make for yourself, as gifts for family and friends, or even to sell for profit!
All necessary tools and supplies are outlined in the free previews and I have provided links to the actual items you'll see me use in this course. Alternatively, I offer a kit that includes all of these items in a single purchase - I have provided a link to this as well as a discount code for $20 off the purchase price.
Remember, you will have lifetime access to the course material, so you will be able to come back to it at your leisure to watch and review. You will also have access to me as your instructor to ask questions, give or receive feedback and share your designs.
Enrollment in this course is 100% risk free since your purchase includes a 30-day money back guarantee!
Can't wait to see you in class! We're gonna have so much fun!! :)
*A portion of the proceeds from every GutsyGuide sale goes directly to nonprofits that elevate women and girls*
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn the timeless art of chainmaille
- Chainmaille newbies who have never held a pair of pliers
- Chainmaille dabblers who are looking for a strong foundation in the basics before moving on to more complex weaves
- Although all are welcome, experienced chainmaillers will probably benefit more from my intermediate and advanced courses.
- This course completely prepares the student to learn intermediate and advanced weaves, but those weaves are not included in this course.
As a Jersey girl who transplanted to Dallas, Texas, then Cleveland, Ohio, and now Cape Coral, Florida, I’ve taken my quirky creativity everywhere I’ve been. From obsessively making macramé string bracelets at nine to crocheting massive afghans at twenty to madly chainmailling every jump ring I see in my late 30s to joyfully wire-wrapping shells and gemstones at (ahem) forty-something…I’ve been creating with my hands for as long as I can remember.
To me, there is something so meditative and therapeutic about taking what seems like a million disjointed pieces and unifying them into a single cohesive piece. I can (and do) sit in the same spot for hours, utterly and blissfully focused on whatever my hands are working on.
I currently have three jewelry brands - Captibel Designs, which features starfish and shell jewelry from Sanibel and Captiva; the edgier GutsyGirl Jewelry, which offers chainmaille, washermaille and captured crystal; as well as Heather Rivera Designs, which specializes in higher end cold fusion designs. My work has been presented in many juried group exhibits in multiple US states. I am also part owner and managing member of the wonderful Harbour View Gallery in Cape Coral. I have three bachelor's degrees and a Master's Degree in Instructional Technology.
My purpose in developing and producing these GutsyGuides is to not only show you how to make particular projects, but also (and more importantly) to teach you skills that will enable you to invent your own. I have the monopoly on nothing, but I do have a substantial amount of knowledge to pass on. Since my jewelry design is all self-taught, much of that knowledge has been hard fought and hard won as I (painfully) figured it out through (sometimes very expensive!) trial and error. I'm hoping I can help you avoid some of that pain!
It feels fantastic to create and I believe that everyone is creative. If you have read this far into my bio, you will probably benefit from what I have to offer. It doesn't matter whether you are enjoying jewelry design as a hobby or looking to develop a productive business. My vision is to enrich the creativity that you already possess with new techniques and skills that will catapult your jewelry design to the next level.
See you in class!!
*A portion of the proceeds from every GutsyGuide sale goes directly to nonprofits that elevate women and girls!*