CFA Level 2 - Portfolio Management
What you'll learn
- Exchange-Traded Funds: Mechanics and Applications
- Using Multifactor Models
- Measuring and Managing Market Risk
- Economics and Investment Markets
- Analysis of Active Portfolio Management
- Trading Costs and Electronic Markets
- You are a CFA Level 2 exam candidate (or have passed the CFA Level 1 exam)
- Basic understanding of Portfolio Management (Efficient frontier, CML, CAL, CAPM, Diversification, Strategic Asset Allocation)
Prepare for the CFA Level 2 exam with 100% confidence! The course covers the Portfolio Management syllabus in detail so you will have a complete understanding when tackling this section in the exam. After you grasp the concepts, try out a lot of questions (from the Learning Ecosystem and End of Chapter questions) to increase your mastery of the readings.
AFTER GOING THROUGH THIS COURSE, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO STUDY FROM THE TEXTBOOK ANYMORE (OR ANY OTHER SOURCE)!
Exam Weight: 10% - 15%
This course will prepare you to ace the Portfolio Management topic area in the CFA Level 2 syllabus. Don't fall behind the bell curve while others are going all in their studies.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
explain the creation and redemption process of ETFs, how ETFs are traded on secondary markets, costs of owning ETFs, types of ETF risk and the portfolio uses of ETFs
describe Arbitrage Pricing Theory (APT), macroeconomic factor models, fundamental factor models, statistical factor models, active risk/tracking risk, interpret information ratio
explain the use of Value at Risk (VaR) in portfolio risk measurement; compare parametric, historical simulation, and Monte Carlo VaR; describe extensions of VaR, sensitivity risk measures, scenario risk measures
explain how market values are affected by changes in default-free interest rates across maturities, timing and/or magnitude of expected future cash flows, and risk premiums
state and interpret fundamental law of active portfolio management and its components (transfer coefficient, information coefficient, breadth, and active risk)
explain the components of execution costs (explicit and implicit); describe the implementation shortfall approach; market fragmentation; types of electronic traders; low-latency traders; risks associated with electronic trading; abusive trading practices
What We Cover in this Course:
Exchange-Traded Funds: Mechanics and Applications
Using Multifactor Models
Measuring and Managing Market Risk
Economics and Investment Markets
Analysis of Active Portfolio Management
Trading Costs and Electronic Markets
What you will get by buying this course is:
detailed coverage of the syllabus, taught by our seasoned instructors of the CFA Program.
support in the Q&A forum (course-related questions) from our instructors.
the confidence to nail this topic in the exam!
Who this course is for:
- Those who are taking the CFA Level 2 Exam in 2020-2021
- Undergraduates and Graduate students in Finance
- Portfolio managers who want to bring their portfolio management knowledge to the next level
ProfEd Academy (Professional Education Academy) offers courses for professional qualifications such as:
1) Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program
2) Financial Risk Manager (FRM) Program
3) ACCA - FM, PM, and AFM
4) CFA Certificate in ESG Investing
5) GARP Sustainability & Climate Risk (SCR)
Our instructors have more than 20 years of experience teaching Finance & Investment, Risk Management, Treasury Management and ESG at the professional level. They hold professional qualifications such as CFA, FRM, PRM.