CFA® Level 1 (2020) - Complete Fixed Income
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 8 articles
- 37 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the elements that define and characterise fixed-income securities
- Know what to look out for when investing in a bond
- Understand the legal, regulatory and tax framework bonds operate under
- Know the various coupon payment types
- Have an overview of global fixed income markets
- Understand how bonds are issued in primary markets, and traded in secondary markets.
- Examine government, corporate and structured finance bond market sectors.
- Make basic bond valuations
- Calculate and quote bond prices and yields
- Understand what is yield spread.
- Understand what is securitisation, and its benefits
- Learn what is tranching, and the difference between credit tranching and time tranching
- Understand how mortgage-backed securities (MBS) are structured
- Learn what is a CDO
- Understand and calculate bond duration (Macaulay, modified, approximate modified, effective and key-rate durations)
- Make convexity adjustments to calculate change in price of a bond when its yield changes
- Understand credit ratings and role of credit ratings agencies
- Analyse the credit risk of a company
- Basic mathematics knowledge
- CFA Institute approved calculator
- Understand TVM and DCF concepts (from Quantitative methods)
Bestselling and Highest Rated CFA® courses on Udemy!
(for 2020 and 2021 CFA® Level I exam)
The CFA® program is rewarding but gruelling. The majority of candidates fail the exam. In order to pass, you are going to need much more than summaries or crash courses. But we can fully empathise if you feel the curriculum is too lengthy and too difficult given your busy schedule.
That is why we have crafted for you this complete series of 10 courses covering all 10 topics of the CFA® curriculum. These courses are not superficial summaries, but a detailed and concise coverage of the curriculum for each topic area.
We keep our videos short so as to help you follow the Pareto Principle. We believe that if you put in the optimal 20% effort using the right approach, you can potentially achieve 80% of the results!
The PrepNuggets approach is to condense pertinent material from the curriculum to easily digestible nuggets for you to consume during your pockets of free time. Each nugget is painstakingly crafted to explain really complex concepts using engaging illustrations and animations. No more wading through pages and pages of words, or sitting through long boring lessons with bullet-point slides.
By the end of this course, we are confident you will be able to comfortably handle at least 80% of the questions under this topic area.
Don't take our word for it! Hear what some of our students have to say:
"This is an INCREDIBLY useful course for visual learners. The concepts are clear and concise. You will begin to see the relationships between concepts as you progress. Excited for the rest of this course and the other courses in the rest of the series." - Andrew Bachman
"One of the best courses I've seen, if not the best. Prepnuggets staff know how to pass on knowledge, both by visualization and by verbal explanations. Excited to finish this course and continue to other courses." - Lidor Sigron
Take action now! It is never too early or too late to start preparing. Join thousands of CFA candidates worldwide in making us your preferred prep companion!
*NOTE: This course is part of a complete series of 10 courses that fully cover all 10 topics for CFA® Level I. We recommend you begin your exam preparation with our Quantitative Methods course. For our full catalog of courses, look for our instructor profile down below and click on the PrepNuggets logo.
REQUIRED DISCLAIMER: CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by PrepNuggets or Udemy. CFA Institute, CFA®, and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
- This course is for CFA Level 1 Candidates
- This course is for people who are interested in the CFA Program